Author Topic: FA please note  (Read 27373 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: FA please note
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »
I'm not normally one for blaming it complaining about refs, but it's hard to argue against this performance not having impacted the result. Number 9 was a thug, pure and simple. He was getting nothing against Piergianni and so decided go give him an elbow in the face. It was the most blatant elbow I've seen in years, and I would guess not one person in the ground missed it. The fact that he stayed on and pulled Piergianni over to LB means he continued to have a considerable influence on the game, long after he should have gone. He went on to commit several other offences worthy of a yellow card, including a ridiculous dive before he was finally booked. On the other hand, Mark Jones was booked for the first minor infringement he committed. I can only guess that the ref was frightened of him.

Of course, he didn't cost us a 2-0 lead, we played our own part in that. But to say him staying on the pitch didn't contribute is simply disingenuous. Without their main arial target and with Piergianni freed up to defend against others, they would have been completely dofferent proposition.

Completely agree, didn't cost us but had far more influence on the game than he should.  Age should not be a barrier but hearing he is 23 does back up a thought during the game that he just didn't know how to handle the pressure.  Would he have taken a game with 3,000+ at before?  Did that make a difference?  I'm not bitter but I have a sour taste...

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
Don't blame the ref, blame the idiots who decided a 23 year old should be in charge of a game that is going to be full of passion, and the will to win by fair means (us) or foul (them(no.9)).

azi1992

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
fix or no fix! sue the fa. craiggyboy should put in a case otherwise another season in this ishy league and no way do I wanna watch anuver season in this ishy league bro. class war

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
Call it sour grapes but did anyone else notice that Chorley's goalie moved off his line before at least two of our penalties were taken. Something else the ref appeared to ignore!

Odin

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »
I think Master Nields should be remembered because of how bad he was. In future when I pay a call of nature after a good curry I shall say "I'm going for a Nields ".

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2015, 08:28:39 PM »
Well he's chairman of the  referee  FA Youth Council, and he's just helped write a best practice guide on reffereeing. You couldn't make it up !

Tom Nield –RA-FA Youth Council Chairman
The RA-FA Youth Council have worked tirelessly on this project over the past year to produce what I consider an excellent best practice guide. The following document is a collection of a whole range of people’s opinions, views and  experiences, accompanied by the Youth Council’s own collective opinion on what we believe a local RA should be delivering. 
Personally, I believe a local RA should be an exciting and vibrant hub and a place where match officials of ALL ages, levels and experience can come together to share their thoughts, knowledge, and experience. I appreciate the need for a structure and business approach of any organisation, but I would ask any RA branch who over indulge in this, is spending the majority of your meeting on business and meeting reports really the best we can do for our referees? Should these meetings not be centred solely around the development and engagement of members and surely with current technology, couldn’t business be circulated by email and only brought up to be approved at branch meetings and/or answer questions from members? Developmental, enjoyable, and educational; for me these are the three key principles which every RA should be striving to incorporate into their branch meetings.   
From attending numerous RA events around the country, there is no simple or quick fix answer to creating a vibrant RA, as what works for one branch may not work or be suitable for another. However this document will help provide you with some ideas and a bit of an insight into what your colleagues are doing to ensure their RA is vibrant, well attended and enjoyable for all.   
I hope you enjoy this best practice guide and a special thank you to all the ABSs and Martin Pates, Youth Council Member who have contributed to help create this excellent document.

Odin

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2015, 11:45:26 PM »
All that says to me is, let's get together every so often for a *iss up.
I remember years ago attending a particular training college and a fellow student had come straight from university with a 1st class honours degree. We all soon realised that if you gave him a book it made him very intelligent but when it came down to practical applications he was as thick as pig *hit. I wonder if they are related.