Author Topic: Chorley Away  (Read 21983 times)

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
Re: Chorley Away
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »
I fail to remember any chances that you had, except where our keeper mis-kicked. Everything you did was lumped up towards Dean, and either Mills or Piergianni either won the header or the second ball.

Completely agree with this. Sometimes it's difficult to see how we score, but we have managed to get this far. In the 0-0 draw at your place it was a completely different story to the 2-1 defeat at ours. We created chances, both teams battled and it was a justified point apiece. Passing football is hard on our pitch, but when we are given a playable surface things change.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 12:45:19 PM »
Was chatting to a chap last night who has been to three Chorley games this season, all 0-0's.  He said it would not have been so bad but each game he bought a golden goal ticket!

We battled well and should have come away with a lead, that said we will get a chance to play better football on our pitch and that might well help both sides but I'd say us more so. 

Fantastic support as well, even if we had some late and some missing it was great to see and hear, great effort.

Odin

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »
A bit of helpful advice for Juechorley and anyone else coming down on Saturday, get there early. Not because it will be a sellout but because the Mayfair is in town and a lot of the car parks are used by them  for their caravans and things. Car parking will be a problem. There will be street parking available a few minutes walk from the ground in places like Eastwood Road, Woadfarm Road, Wellington Road. I for one will be getting dropped off and picked up to avoid the hassle but not a good day for parking. Would be a good day for the college to open up their car park on Skirbeck Road for football parking, £2 a car wouldn't be a bad little earner.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 01:01:01 PM »
I fail to remember any chances that you had, except where our keeper mis-kicked. Everything you did was lumped up towards Dean, and either Mills or Piergianni either won the header or the second ball.

Completely agree with this. Sometimes it's difficult to see how we score, but we have managed to get this far. In the 0-0 draw at your place it was a completely different story to the 2-1 defeat at ours. We created chances, both teams battled and it was a justified point apiece. Passing football is hard on our pitch, but when we are given a playable surface things change.

Well Chorley did score one more goal than us in the 42 league games, so they obviously know how to find the net. Let's hope we do see a better 'footballing' game on Saturday and that it is decided before the lottery of penalties.

Regarding the attendance Jue, I was chatting to a Chorley fan throughout the evening and he wasn't too impressed when the gate was announced. He was telling me that you'd had 2,700 or so for the midweek visit of Barrow only two or three weeks ago with Barrow bringing around 500 - so around 2,200 home fans. Based on there being 'around' 350 Boston supporters there last night (that was his estimate compared to the Barrow contingent) it would only have been 1,650 home fans. Still the attendance at Chorley last night was double of that at Guiseley!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
It will be interesting to see how many Fylde get on Saturday. Will they make 1500?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
Probably Pilgrim86, if they let them in for free.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »
Looked like more than 350 Boston fans from where I was standing, and a bigger crowd than the 2022 announced
mind you I did not see any brown paper bags  lying around.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 05:56:50 PM »

What happens in play-offs in terms of gate receipts? Obviously for league games the home side keeps all of the receipts but for cup games it is divided up between the two teams. Are play-offs though classed as league or cup? The crowd did look bigger than the 2,022 that was read out - therefore (and I hope I'm wrong) there might have been an incentive for Chorley to under-report on the actual figure in attendance.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 07:54:48 PM »

What happens in play-offs in terms of gate receipts? Obviously for league games the home side keeps all of the receipts but for cup games it is divided up between the two teams. Are play-offs though classed as league or cup? The crowd did look bigger than the 2,022 that was read out - therefore (and I hope I'm wrong) there might have been an incentive for Chorley to under-report on the actual figure in attendance.
I read earlier (can't remember where) that away team gets expenses paid and the league get a small cut then the home team keep the rest.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »
YSP.... Be careful what you say !!! Lol

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 08:01:46 PM »
For the Conference Premier, North and South:

In all Play-Off Semi-Final Ties the HOME CLUB will retain all income from the attendance and its own commercial sales. The
VISITING CLUB will be responsible for all its own costs for the AWAY TIE
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
I've also read that the away team gets paid their expences, the league take a 25% cut and the home team keep the rest.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
I've also read that the away team gets paid their expences, the league take a 25% cut and the home team keep the rest.
That's not what the Conference rulebook says. See above.

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »
the idea of keeping the gate reciepts for the hime team is sensible, in Bostons and Chorleys case Boston would recieve a lesser amount if travel costs were included as Chorley are travelling down today and staying over, why should BUFC pay for that.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 12:20:34 PM »
the idea of keeping the gate reciepts for the hime team is sensible, in Bostons and Chorleys case Boston would recieve a lesser amount if travel costs were included as Chorley are travelling down today and staying over, why should BUFC pay for that.

I wonder which hotel (or b&b) the Chorley team are staying at?  If known might be worth also booking a room and having a party till the early hours!!  :dan