Author Topic: Oh dear not another one, if true?  (Read 6195 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Oh dear not another one, if true?
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:36:31 AM »
North Ferriby United defender Nathan Peat claims the FA Trophy winners are facing voluntary relegation from the Conference North.

Peat, one of several players to post messages on the subject on social media on Saturday, said the club could be demoted "one, maybe two leagues".

A club statement  released later on Saturday did not address Peat's claim.

North Ferriby are owned by Eman and Steve Forster, the daughter and son-in-law of Hull City owner Assem Allam.

The pair have been in charge since late 2013 but announced the club was for sale on 16 April. 

The news of their intention to sell came just over a fortnight after the small East Yorkshire club - who have an average attendance of around 365  - beat Wrexham on penalties to win the FA Trophy in a thrilling encounter at Wembley.
 Ryan Kendall came off the bench to force an equaliser at Wembley before going on to score in extra time

Among a series of social media postings, former Hull and York City player Peat alleged the owners had pulled "every penny" from the club.

In response, the club said the owners would "continue with the club until they can transfer to new owners", adding: "Contrary to comments already made there is no money being pulled out of the club, in fact the opposite is the case, more money has to be put in by the Forsters to ensure the club's continued survival."

The statement said the club's "commerciality and fan base have not matched" recent successes on the pitch, and claimed it was "totally reliant on the continued injection of monies from Steve and Eman Forster".

Striker Ryan Kendall, who scored twice in the victory over Wrexham, had earlier said on Twitter that the players were now "free to find new clubs".

"A sad day for North Ferriby today. The best season of our lives just turned into the worst. Will miss everyone at the club," Kendall said. 

He added: "Unfortunately for us as a club businessmen don't see the consequences of their actions, that's the way they work. #ruthless"

Villagers midfielder Tom Denton added:  "Gutted about the news at Ferriby today really enjoyed my football this season."

Peat also claimed North Ferriby's players have been invited by the Allam family to parade the FA Trophy at the KC Stadium during Hull's game with Liverpool this Tuesday.

Despite his obvious unhappiness, Peat said:  "Just to let everyone know!! Every player will be parading the trophy at half time on Tuesday! To show the biggest achievement in Hull."

North Ferriby, who are managed by Billy Heath, narrowly missed out on promotion to the Conference National last year.

They finished 10th in the Conference North this term, their season ending with Saturday's goalless draw at home to Bradford Park Avenue.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear not another one, if true?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:10:56 AM »
The current owners offered the club the directors for FREE, and they've said no. They have denied wanting to take voluntary demotion.

However, the current chairman has now quit and retired - http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Les-Hare-quits-North-Ferriby-United-chairman/story-26397065-detail/story.html
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:26:25 AM »
I will be surprised to see NFU in the CN next  season .    Hope they do not carry on in this league and have a long drawn out demise ending in going out of existence before end of next season .

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
I will be surprised to see NFU in the CN next  season .    Hope they do not carry on in this league and have a long drawn out demise ending in going out of existence before end of next season .

I can't see why any football fan would wish that to happen to another team? 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:25:28 PM »

I can't see why any football fan would wish that to happen to another team?

Nor me Ferret , but reading about the position they are in and looking at recent football history thats what may well happen .   Better bet for them to drop down a couple of leagues and consolidate .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »
I wonder if they cashed the Trophy money first before dropping  this little grenade in the mix?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 06:30:49 PM »
I wonder if they cashed the Trophy money first before dropping  this little grenade in the mix?

I don't think there was any Trophy money, I think it was the realisation that even with a Wembley final it still costs a truck load to fund a village team at a high level.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »
The powers that be stated that they never got the number of supporters required to keep the team viable, any one with an ounce of common sense would realise that a village team, surrounded by the likes of Hull, Grimsby and Scunthorpe, ain't going to have a big support base.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
The attendance was awful. £100k for the whole run at best?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 08:23:19 AM »
I bet their fans were in high adoration of their Board, praising and supporting them at every opportunity in almost sycophantic fashion before this happened. Lessons from History.....lessons from history...........
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »
....would this reprieve Colwyn Bay? 

We need to win the play-offs.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:15 PM »
....would this reprieve Colwyn Bay? 
As long as it happens before the AGM in June, yes.