Author Topic: Travel Arrangements for Wednesday at Chorley  (Read 6887 times)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
Travel Arrangements for Wednesday at Chorley
« on: April 26, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
I may be bit to early on this one but are the club running extra coaches to Chorley on Wednesday haven't seen or heard anything does anyone know how to book and the departure times?
Or failing that anyone got room for 1 extra.
Come on you Pilgrims!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Travel Arrangements for Wednesday at Chorley
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
Finish school 1505. Sort Thursday's lessons out sharpish
Get train from Kings Norton 1547
Get the 1615 from Brum
Get to Chorley 1820
See us get a positive result
Either try and find a lift to or on the way to Brum
Most likely end up in Crewe at 2330
Get the 0459 to Brum
Get home at 0630
Get a cuppa, go to school- try to stay awake

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:47:26 PM »
Finish school 1505. Sort Thursday's lessons out sharpish
Get train from Kings Norton 1547
Get the 1615 from Brum
Get to Chorley 1820
See us get a positive result
Either try and find a lift to or on the way to Brum
Most likely end up in Crewe at 2330
Get the 0459 to Brum
Get home at 0630
Get a cuppa, go to school- try to stay awake
A job well planned is a job half done :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »
Ring the club tomorrow 364406, BUSA leaves at 3pm.

Not sure whether it's onto a 2nd bus yet.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 08:46:20 AM »
Any Boston fans from the Leeds area going on Wednesday night that could give me a lift?

Looks like it's easy to get there on the train, but the trains towards Manchester from Chorley stop running at 9 o'clock, so it turns into a seven hour trek back on buses and trains. I think I could actually run home quicker! So if any Boston fans are driving back towards Leeds with a spare seat in the car or even just passing Manchester Piccadilly then a lift would be greatly appreciated.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
I am closing my Business  at 1pm for the day and 3 of us going to Chorley on the second bus -  come on Boston

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »
I assume it's not segregated on Wednesday?

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 08:12:47 AM »
Having not been to chorley before I'm not sure of ground size etc - is there a risk of travelling up there and not getting in? No mention on their site of ticketing. Assume as an ex conf club that there will be plenty of room but thought best to check..

Odin

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
I think their crowd capacity is approx' 4000 so plenty of room. Car parking at ground not very good so it looks like street parking although there are a couple of public car parks within walking distance. On a positive note there are also food outlets reasonably close, ie Pizza Hut, KFC, a Morrisons store.
Should be able to easily do the journey in 3hrs or less from Boston but there are long 50mph limits on M62, in fact I don't know why they don't just make the entire motor way a 50 limit.
Should be a good Boston turnout.
For those of you taking your wives or girlfriends there is an IKEA next to M62 at Leeds so I suggest blindfolding them or stick your fingers in their eyes just before Leeds, oh and if you happen to see a jogger/runner wearing a Boston shirt it will probably be Ken.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 10:28:54 AM »
I've got Ken so nobody needs to keep an eye out for that particular hitch hiker!

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 12:11:20 PM »
I doubt it will be a sell out, so plenty of room for everyone. No mention of segregation yet either so I assume it's a mingle opportunity.

If you're coming up for the afternoon and fancy a bite to eat then I recommend the Spinners @ Cowling, call beforehand though. There are plenty of other places about too, your usual 2 for 1 places and fast food takeaway. Of course there is some of the finest non-league food available on Victory Park itself inside The Magpies Nest.

Onto the football, we must get a win tomorrow or I can see it being very difficult to get past yourselves. May the best team win!

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »
Should be able to easily do the journey in 3hrs or less from Boston but there are long 50mph limits on M62, in fact I don't know why they don't just make the entire motor way a 50 limit.
Should be a good Boston turnout.

Just as a bit of guidance to those who don't use the M62 very often. I live between Manchester & Bolton and travel regularly to home games on the M62 / A1 route. Granted I travel on a Saturday morning - and travelling on a Wednesday afternoon it may well be busier - but my journey time is virtually always 2 hr 30 mins. Chorley is another 17 miles further on from me.

Travelling home last Saturday evening there were no 50mph speed restrictions for roadworks until just before Rochdale. These then go on right up to the M61 junction, about 12 miles or so. There are, though, stretches of variable speed limits controlled by the overhead signs right along the length of the M62 and the speed limits vary according to traffic volume.

Also you can avoid going right into Chorley centre. Leave the M61 at the Bolton Wanderers junction (junction 6). Turn left off the slip road and follow the A6 into Chorley. (The A6 runs pretty much parallel with the M61). The turn off to the ground - a left turn - is then before you hit Chorley town centre. From leaving the M61 here its about 8 or 9 miles.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »
From the official site: http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/chorley-travel-guide-confirmed-1421430.html

Chorley have confirmed admission details for Wednesday's Vanarama Conference North play-off semi-final first leg at Victory Park.

Normal matchday 'pay on the gate' prices will be in operation of £10 for adults, £7 for concessions, £5 for juniors (12 to 16 years of age) and £2 for under-12s, while under-8s will be admitted FREE. The under-12s and under-8s offers must be in conjunction with a paying adult.

Segregation is not planned and supporters are advised to arrive early to avoid congestion.

PARKING
There is no general parking available at the ground and only very limited street parking. Visiting supporters are recommended to use the nearby council car parks around the town in particular on Fleet Street which is a short walk to the ground and is free in the evenings. There is also a local Asda store around the corner from the ground which allow a certain amount of parking on matchdays.