Author Topic: David Vaughan  (Read 3414 times)

Loomerino

• View Profile
David Vaughan
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
http://www.bostontownfc.co.uk/index.php?route=article/view&article_id=471

One of the very few players to have been a success at both FC/Town AND United - thanks to Andy Butler for pointing that out...

cookie

• View Profile
Re: David Vaughan
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »
Lovely bloke as well, would like to see him come back as a VIP one day ...so if anyone knows where we can get hold of him it would be appreciated.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 06:31:35 PM »
I believe he managed Matlock after he left Boston, so someone there might know his whereabouts. That's going back a few years though. I think his brother Ian was also a footballer though not for Boston.

I guess the current footballers have it easier in terms of keeping in touch with former team mates. Unfortunately players from the era we're talking about wouldn't have had Facebook, twitter or any other social media platform. Sorry Cookie, you're just a bit too old!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:25:12 PM »
Don't know what happened to David Vaughan, but I see another ex-player has surfaced as the new joint manager of Peterborough Northern Star ...

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/genovese-hayes-appointed-permanently-38671/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »
A little story;

About 10/12 years ago I was at a Sheff Utd Game in a Wards sponsored BUFC vintage shirt when a bloke approached me and asked me if it was for sale. After a quick conversation it turned out it was DV's brother in law and he always looked out for our result as Dave enjoyed his time with us so much and spoke fondly of the club. He also told me that every penny DV earned from football he put in an insurance policy and when he finally stopped playing he cashed in this policy and as a result he has no need to work full time as the policy paid off his mortgage and paid him a nice little monthly sum. I believe he's still living in South Yorkshire.