Author Topic: Hykeham Town "probably" win the Lincolnshire League.  (Read 2370 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Hykeham Town "probably" win the Lincolnshire League.
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:30:29 PM »
Congratulations (or can I say that yet) to Hykeham Town on winning the County's League title with a couple of games to go - although, once again, the League Committee need to sit down and make a decision as to whether to award them the required 3 points to claim the title after CGB Humbertherm pulled out of yet another game due to lack of players. This is becoming a common occurrence in the 12 team League - Louth Town Reserves let the competition down on at least 4 occasions by cancelling games at the last minute due to "lack of players", although perhaps "lack of commitment" may be a better description. Horncastle Town had a good attempt to win the League with a number of ex-BUFC players Stones, Edwards, Sargeant, etc and last year's winners Skegness Town's attempt to retain their title sadly petered out towards the end of the season after a good start. The future isn't bright for the League and surely it won't be able to run with next year unless it has at least 12 Clubs that are properly vetted as to their seriousness to fulfil fixtures.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hykeham Town "probably" win the Lincolnshire League.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:53:47 PM »
.....and in other news, we're in the play-offs!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »
Lol - I know that Ferret, my friend, but that news is on a different thread! I have put this topic on here as we play in Lincolnshire and were members of the Lincolnshire League up to 2 years ago.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
I don't know, these teams like Louth Town Reserves and CGB Humbertherm treat the Lincolnshire League like it was just the FA Cup or something...

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
I agree, John!