Author Topic: More owners get bored of their toy...  (Read 5250 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: More owners get bored of their toy...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
There'll be another cash-rich club along soon, don't you worry about that.

Remember, the Class of 92's Salford City FC are getting ever closer...

Odin

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 01:51:04 PM »
Just the right time for most of their players to jump ship

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »
A couple of there players would be decent signings for us.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
Although we have seen them more than other sides in this league (four games) I can only think of half a dozen players from other teams who have stood out this season and two of them are NFU players; Matt Willson (former BUFC) and St Juste the tricky winger winger who is the only winger in the league who has shown the same passion, pace and attacking mentality barring our own flying Felix.

Others that have stood out are Cook for Barrow who could have had a hat trick on the opening day and scored the last minute pen in the away game (only play two scored in both league games against us??) Bogle for Solihull who is the only player in nearly two seasons to out muscle Pidge! Stockport 'keeper Hurst was unbelievable and against another 'keeper we could have scored 3,4,5, 6 or 7 in the home game. Beesley at Gainsborough looked good in the county cup game bagging a hat trick and started most of their attacks in the away league game but was none existent in the home game.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:51 PM »
Danny hone from Ferriby is a very good player at this level and would be good for us. St juste is excellent and if rumours are true he turned down our approach a few months ago. They have 3 or 4 players who would certainly improve our team.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 09:25:27 PM »
Hopefully Pete Darlo will pip them to the title and then Salford mess up the playoffs... but Darlo won't be short of backing.
If they're not c**t clubs with money, their clubs whose fans let die in the first place

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 11:51:09 PM »
A bit harsh Josh it's not the fans fault if a club goes bust it's the people who allow it to get in the situation that are to blame. For instance would you remortgage your house to save the club that you love. I for one wouldn't put myself in such a financial predicament.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
I tend to agree, to a point. Fans are ultimately powerless to prevent owners doing what they want, but that doesn't mean they have to sit there mute and simply accept what's happening. The problem I have is that in too many cases, fans only wake up to disaster once the damage has been done. If they think their club is being run into the ground then the time to invite scrutiny on the owners is before it's too late. Unfortunately, this tends to coincide exactly with the period in which a club is enjoying its boom, which means anyone - be that fans or local journos - pointing out that the success is based upon unsustainable spending and a bust is about to follow is invariably called out as a 'shit-stirrer' by everyone else (normally the people who started showing up when the club started winning). By the time the wheels fall off, it's too late to do anything useful.

I'd hope that going forward, post-Chestnuts, we can protect ourselves from such problems by adopting a model that guarantees the presence of at least one responsible supporter director sitting on the board. And by 'responsible', I don't mean some glory-hunter who wants a blazer, but someone willing to veto any irresponsible spending suggestions - even if that seems to the detriment of our chances on the pitch.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:17:49 PM »
I agree Pete - I'll have a word with Scouse Pilgrim  :)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
Word on the twitterverse is that North Ferriny are releasing new all their players and applying for voluntary relegation. Crikey.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 10:28:37 PM »
POP!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/