Author Topic: Parking - Solihull  (Read 5082 times)

Odin

Parking - Solihull
« on: April 15, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
Anyone got advice on the parking facilities at Solihull. If we fill their car park will there be other car parking nearby.

feelinblue

• View Profile
Re: Parking - Solihull
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »
There will be plenty of room for you guys....you ain't that big :)

Plenty of Airport parking nearby...+ you can always count the planes if the game is drab !!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:19:03 PM »
We don't do 'drab'.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »
Wont be able to count the planes, will run out of fingers and toes keeping record of the goals we score. thanks for the car park info though.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
For those heading to Solihull tomorrow directions from their forum :

Directions to The Autotech Stadium (formerly Damson Park)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birmingham A to Z page 138 square B4

Satnav postcode B92 9EJ

Bus timetables correct as of 08/01/2015

From the north M6: Pass Birmingham. At junction 4 take the M42 south to junction 6, leave M42 and take A45 towards Birmingham. At the first set of traffic lights turn left into Damson Parkway. Follow this road, which becomes a dual carriageway, for about three quarters of a mile to the 1st roundabout. Go all the way around the roundabout so that you are going back on yourself, go straight on through the traffic lights and the entrance to the ground is in the hedge immediately on your left.

From the north M1: At junction 23A take the A42 to the M42, head south to junction 6, leave M42 and take A45 towards Birmingham. At the first set of traffic lights turn left into Damson Parkway. Follow this road, which becomes a dual carriageway, for about three quarters of a mile to the 1st roundabout. Go all the way around the roundabout so that you are going back on yourself, go straight on through the traffic lights and the entrance to the ground is in the hedge immediately on your left.

From the south M1: At junction 19 take the M6 to junction 4 where you take the M42, head south to junction 6, leave M42 and take A45 towards Birmingham. At the first set of traffic lights turn left into Damson Parkway. Follow this road, which becomes a dual carriageway, for about three quarters of a mile to the 1st roundabout. Go all the way around the roundabout so that you are going back on yourself, go straight on through the traffic lights and the entrance to the ground is in the hedge immediately on your left.

From the south M5: At junction 4A take the M42 to junction 5. Take the A41 towards Birmingham. At second set of lights turn right into Yew Tree Lane. Follow Yew Tree Lane until it becomes Damson Parkway. Follow Damson Parkway to roundabout. Take third exit, go straight on through the traffic lights and the entrance to the ground is in the hedge immediately on your left.

By Train: From Birmingham International Rail Station you can get a bus no. 966 (towards Solihull) directly to the ground. Ask for Solihull Moors ground or the Rover works.

From Solihull Rail Station: Walk to bus station next door and take either the bus no. S1 to the Rover works or bus no. 966 to the Rover works (towards Birmingham Airport & Erdington).

From Solihull Bus Station: Take either the bus no. S1 to the Rover works or bus no. 966 to the Rover works (towards Birmingham Airport & Erdington).

Bus timetable links: To get from Kings Heath to Solihull Bus Station you need the 76 bus 76 Timetable (Inbound to Solihull, Outbound to Kings Heath) where you can connect with the 966 or the S1 buses.
966 Timetable (Outbound for Solihull to The Rover, Inbound for The Rover to Solihull) or
S1 Timetable

Please note you need to choose Monday to Friday or Saturday timetables and that there are no evening schedules for route S1, therefore you need to take the 966 for midweek games.

Google Map

If you put Solihull Moors FC into Google maps address box (We are here) you will see the ground labelled (you need to have labels ticked in the side menu). If you put in B91 2PP you will get an approximation, you then need to either put Solihull Moors FC into the Google Maps address box (as above) or move the map one click to the north in order to locate the ground! If you enter B92 9EJ, the postcode for St Nicholas' Church, you will need to move the map one click to the south to locate the ground.

Last edited by Ojiveojive, 8/Jan/2015, 11:39 am

---

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »
I had fun and games getting to Solihull's ground last year. My sat nav took me to the hospital instead of the football ground (post code programmed in). I then remembered the ground was near a landrover works and followed the signs for there, only to find there were two entrances to the landrover site and I was at the other one! Spent a while getting to the correct place via a mazy street layout. Tomorrow I'm putting Damson Parkway into the satnav and not bothering with the postcode.

My satnav has only ever struggled with two grounds (and I've been to about 150). As well as Solihull Hospital I've also been to a hotel in Telford!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 06:04:28 PM »
LP : You forgot your sat-nav trying to kid you that an empty field was the ground at Leamington last season !

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
LP : You forgot your sat-nav trying to kid you that an empty field was the ground at Leamington last season !

We weren't lost at Leamington though - we were on the right road but just got the wrong farmer's field!

Biggest issue at Leamington was the car park steward - made me park so close to the car next door that there was barely enough room to get out! I've known referees less fussy!

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »

My satnav has only ever struggled with two grounds (and I've been to about 150). As well as Solihull Hospital I've also been to a hotel in Telford!
[/quote]

The first visit to Vauxhall Motors (an extremely cold, dark & windy winter Tuesday night in the Tommy Taylor era) foxed the Sat Nav. A friend from Spalding set up his Sat Nav when picking me up at my place (between Manchester & Bolton) and it took us to outside a detached bungalow a couple of miles from the ground!!