Author Topic: cheating at Rotherham!  (Read 8488 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
cheating at Rotherham!
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:28:56 PM »
Looks like somebody has been accused of cheating!!!!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: cheating at Rotherham!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »
To coin a phrase from Inglourious Basterds, "It's a Bingo!". All eyes now looking at the FA to see what punishment they will inflict on The Millers.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »
Steve Evans cheating? Surely some mistake?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:05:22 AM »
Hardly cheating is it, for once it is surely a case of what could turn out to be a huge administration cock up by the club secretary who may join Evans on the dole shouldn't mean relegation follows because of it. Thatbwouls be a bummer wouldn't it.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:13:33 AM »
They have played a player who wasn't theirs. His loan had expired the day before, so in effect, he was a ringer (albeit under his actual name!).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »
Ofcourse it won't be "his" fault!  if proven I wonder if Peterborough United will still look to him as their next manager!!!

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
It sounds like an admin error (certainly if it happened as per Rotherham's account of they thought he was on loan until the end of the season when he wasn't and loan expired before the game) rather than with intent to deceive.

However whether an innocent error or not, a points deduction to follow I think.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »
Ofcourse it won't be "his" fault!  if proven I wonder if Peterborough United will still look to him as their next manager!!!
I'm not sure Peterborough ever have been looking at him. As far as I know, working locally, they are trying to get Warburton when he leaves Brentford.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »
3 points deduction it is then.  Can they appeal?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 06:21:24 PM »
I'm not sure Peterborough ever have been looking at him. As far as I know, working locally, they are trying to get Warburton when he leaves Brentford.

I was told by a couple of PUFC season ticket holders (one very close to the inside of the club) that he was certainly on their radar. (sounds a bit like the "friend of a friend of his girlfriends mother-in-law" scenario :)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »

I was told by a couple of PUFC season ticket holders (one very close to the inside of the club) that he was certainly on their radar. (sounds a bit like the "friend of a friend of his girlfriends mother-in-law" scenario :)

He's bound to be on their radar if he still lives near Peterborough. The ground probably shakes every time he walks past the stadium.

Stannington Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 10:30:40 PM »
I was told last week by someone close to someone at Rotherham that he is on his way out at the end of the season whether he is going to Peterborough or not.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
I was told last week by someone close to someone at Rotherham that he is on his way out at the end of the season whether he is going to Peterborough or not.

Real Madrid, Barcelona et al ;)

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 11:26:16 AM »
How long a contract is Louis van Gaal on?  Maybe his bff Fergie has put a word in

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »
I was told that several weeks ago by a former BUFC players dad who lived in Sheffield! Did your boy play for BUFC???