Author Topic: Top Gear Challenge  (Read 3638 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Top Gear Challenge
« on: June 13, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »
You may remember that on the way to the Cammel Laird game at the end of the season I came across the Tornado steam engine at Grantham station, so I took a few snaps and put them on the Impstalk forum.

http://www.impstalk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4442.0

Well I heard it was a Top Gear challenge and when I did a bit of googling on the Monday morning I found a pic of Jeremy Clarkson arriving in Edinburgh covered in soot in the fireman's outfit and then I twigged that it was him in one of my photos at Grantham!

The new season of Top Gear starts next Sunday, so I'll be looking out for the challenge. The Radio Times for next week's show says:

Sunday 21 June
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

"Motoring news and views. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compete in an epic London-to-Edinburgh race, setting out to discover what Top Gear might have been like 60 years ago. James grabs a gorgeous old Jaguar XK120 sports car, while Richard chooses to torture himself on the Vincent Black Shadow motorbike, and Jeremy takes the Tornado, a new steam train built to the blueprints used to create some of Britain's finest locomotives in the heyday of the railways."

The rumour on the web was that May won it in the Jag!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:40:03 PM by Ken Fox »