Author Topic: If the season had started on Boxing Day...  (Read 6237 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
If the season had started on Boxing Day...
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:06:04 AM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: If the season had started on Boxing Day...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 11:54:38 AM »
Think we have a great chance if we make play offs.

Even if we miss out on going, if we can keep the bulk of this squad and get the season going from the start instead of at Christmas we'll have a great chance of being right up there!

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
also it shows the whole top 6 are bang in form (bar Guiseley)

Going to be bloody tight!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 03:46:11 PM »

Even if we miss out on going, if we can keep the bulk of this squad and get the season going from the start instead of at Christmas we'll have a great chance of being right up there!

I think the shellacking at Fylde shows the top two are a class apart when they're on their game, as they will in the play-offs, so we'd have to have a near-on flawless play-off campaign to stand a chance. But make no mistake, assuming our lot stay fit, we DO stand a chance. It's the hope that kills, eh?

I agree that next year could be 'the one' for this group, assuming we keep the core together. And so, in all honesty, I see a potential play-off appearance this season as a free hit: no-one demanded it, so we should go into them with no pressure - unlike Fylde, who had much higher expectations.

Remind me I said this when Fylde score on 90+5 to go up, and I'm found sobbing in the gutter.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:49:16 PM »

The opening day is a time for public displays of new replica shirts. Strictly no coats allowed. We'd all be bloody cold if the season had started on Boxing Day!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:42:01 PM »

The opening day is a time for public displays of new replica shirts. Strictly no coats allowed. We'd all be bloody cold if the season had started on Boxing Day!
Nice posting YSP. I think P86 is looking for his 3000 posting before the start of the play offs!!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »

Nice posting YSP. I think P86 is looking for his 3000 posting before the start of the play offs!!
Actually, I'm just looking at providing interesting information. It shows how we have been the best team in the division over the last 3.5 months.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »

Actually, I'm just looking at providing interesting information. It shows how we have been the best team in the division over the last 3.5 months.

Many enjoy reading that sort of information ,  much preferred to negitive posts .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »
Stalker
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »

I think the shellacking at Fylde shows the top two are a class apart when they're on their game, as they will in the play-offs, so we'd have to have a near-on flawless play-off campaign to stand a chance. But make no mistake, assuming our lot stay fit, we DO stand a chance. It's the hope that kills, eh?

I agree that next year could be 'the one' for this group, assuming we keep the core together. And so, in all honesty, I see a potential play-off appearance this season as a free hit: no-one demanded it, so we should go into them with no pressure - unlike Fylde, who had much higher expectations.

Remind me I said this when Fylde score on 90+5 to go up, and I'm found sobbing in the gutter.
As Alan Partridge might say, let me paint a scenario:
Title race goes to the wire so both Barrow and Fylde have to out out full strength teams on the final day, whereas Boston can rest a handful of key players.  Whoever doesn't go up automatically has to not only pick themselves up for the playoffs but also travel all the way across the country for a midweek game at Boston, where they have already lost this season, returning home in the early hours of Thursday morning.  On the Saturday Boston make the trip to Fylde/Barrow with most of our players having had much less travelling during the week.  Home advantage in the second leg doesn't seem so much of an advantage then?  Maybe we should aim for 5th and not worry about 3rd or 4th?

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
But then we'd be away in the final as well.

We should aim to finish as high as we can, but little difference between 3rd and 4th as I can see the advantage of not travelling midweek as you've explained BP over having the second leg at home.