Author Topic: Utd v Tamworth  (Read 13527 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Utd v Tamworth
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
Just watched the excellent video of the Leamington v Tamworth match on 17 Jan.  This was in the period when Tamworth won 12 in a row but on the evidence of that game Leamington will be our stronger opponents.
Two goalkeeping blunders gave the game to Tamworth that day and their game plan seemed to be the very long ball up to the front men, and not much football inbetween. 
United we stand..................

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Utd v Tamworth
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »
Tamworth have won 3 of 10 since their run ended. But we're on a good run and all runs end at some point... just hope it's next season as a Conference club.
Biggest game for 4 years since that semi final. Must avoid defeat and a win leaves us almost certain to get top 5

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »
A win gives us another game in which we can afford a slip up.
A draw and it's tense, but we have the advantage.
A defeat and we're still in it, as Tamworth still have to go to Barrow.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:14:23 PM »
Wouldn't count too much on the Barrow game as they could be champions by then and with nothing to play for

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:06:25 PM »
Or possibly the game they win the title ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 05:57:42 PM »
Perfect day?

We won, Chorley drew and Guiseley lost.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 06:13:50 PM »
Fantastic display
Fantastic result
Fantastic crowd
Fantastic girlfriend (Jake Hall)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »
Guiseley have BPA away, Chorley home, Oxford away and NF home:  They will be lucky to get 6 points out of those to give them a finish of 72.

At that rate we would need another 6, or maybe only 5 points to pip them to 4th place.
United we stand..................

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
A great result, yet again everyone gave their all for the cause. Two very good goals Dayles being a real peach. Pidge again awarded the MOTM after another great display but for me it should have gone to Liam Marrs who had the best game ever for us, the block where he came from nowhere to stop a certain goal was as good as it gets. These boys are showing they should never have been doubted, roll on next Saturday at Stalybridge who did us a great favor today beating Guisely. A great attendance making for a wonderful atmosphere. It doesn't get much better than this.

UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Guiseley have BPA away, Chorley home, Oxford away and NF home:  They will be lucky to get 6 points out of those to give them a finish of 72.

At that rate we would need another 6, or maybe only 5 points to pip them to 4th place.
4th? Let's look at 3rd...

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »
I thought it was a toss up between Pidge and Mills, both were excellent today.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »
Things are really starting to click at just the right time, bar a major catastrophe, we should extend our season. If we could pip Chorley to 3rd too that would be fantastic as we would avoid Fylde and increase our chances of a home final should we get there.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

Great performance, and definitely the best side won.

Incidentally, does anyone know the play-off dates? The league's website is showing Wednesday 29th April for the first leg of the semi-final, but that seems a bit strange given that most sides play their midweek matches on a Tuesday. Got to start to think about these things to arrange work cover around a potential midweek road trip!

By the way, it's a nice touch that the University of Nottingham have named one of their buildings in honour of our scorers this afternoon ...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
They were played Wednesday last season too.

Presumably to give the clubs an extra day to organise, in case of any ticketing arrangements, stewarding, segregation, etc.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 08:59:13 PM »
Fantastic by all. My vote would have gone to mills for mom .he was awesome-cleared everything-lots of flying clearances also! Worth my 130 mile round trip to see!