Author Topic: Congrats to North Ferriby Utd  (Read 3887 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Congrats to North Ferriby Utd
« on: March 29, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
Well done to the lads from East Yorkshire. Just goes to show that if you want to win this now  sadly outdated competition you can! This Competition is devalued due to nearly all of the so called big boys sacrificing a chance to play at Wembley (a la FA or League Cup) to "concentrate on the League"? Time maybe for entry to FA Cup Competitions to be optional and not compulsory? Nevertheless, well done The Villagers on their victory - well deserved.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats to North Ferriby Utd
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
Entries to FA Cup Competitions are optional, and clubs pay an entry fee.

However, to play in the FA Cup (which everyone wants to play in), you have to play in the FA Trophy/FA Vase (or be a Football League/Premier League member) the season before.

You have to go back to 2008 (before today) to find the last winners of the FA Trophy who aren't an ex-League club. In fact 3 of the 6 are in the League now!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:01:16 PM »
Cheers for that. Once again, your knowledge and research on such matters makes me wonder why you don't have a career within the Football industry - or do you already? lol!! Many thanks. :police:
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »
No, I don't.  :bunny
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »

However, to play in the FA Cup (which everyone wants to play in*), you have to play in the FA Trophy/FA Vase (or be a Football League/Premier League member) the season before.

You have to go back to 2008 (before today) to find the last winners of the FA Trophy who aren't an ex-League club. In fact 3 of the 6 are in the League now!
* apart from Manchester United in the 2000-01 season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »

However, to play in the FA Cup (which everyone wants to play in*), you have to play in the FA Trophy/FA Vase (or be a Football League/Premier League member) the season before.

* apart from Manchester United in the 2000-01 season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3009876/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-called-Tony-Blair-attempt-stop-Manchester-United-pulling-1999-2000-FA-Cup.html

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »

That's about the same amount of time you have to go back on this forum to find the last question that P86 didn't have an answer for!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 06:12:58 PM »

That's about the same amount of time you have to go back on this forum to find the last question that P86 didn't have an answer for!
Lol YSP - Will the club give him a testimonial when he reaches his 3000 posting?!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 06:38:10 PM »
Only consolation is we went out to the eventual winners

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 11:27:17 PM »
Pleased for Billy Heath. Always good for some banter when visiting York Street. Had a new suit on today as well  :)