Author Topic: Great result today  (Read 8016 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Great result today
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:15:57 PM »
What a resilient team effort against the big boys .
Just like to say how impressed I was that our players didn't react to the constant niggling fouling and the lack of help given by the ref.
Pidge awesome again, Kane a constant threat, Dayle and Jones chased everything.
To name a few,
Their "fans" ?
One got thrown out
One stopped an 8 yr old ball boy getting the ball
And they had the audacity to sing "shit ground no fans"
Unbelievable

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Great result today
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »
How many arrested? What happenened down West Street!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »
Saw a video on FB earlier of a drunk staggering down the road, getting excited at cars pipping at him....was it that?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
What happened at Half time?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 06:09:06 PM »
Great team performance today. Mills was back and had a fantastic game alongside the reliable iron man. Max had another commanding game yet was untested, had a few dodgy kicks but can be forgiven due to the strong winds. Garner and Dixon compliment each other so well in the middle and Kaine gets better and better. Walker made lots of opportunities for the front two who are on fire, is there a more prolific front two in the county at the moment? Fantastic crowd today much higher than expected and the entertainment for those new and returning was first class.

Still a few negatives today. Appalling behaviour from the Worcester fans today - hopefully they will be dealt with accordingly. Referee was awful today, as were the 3rd officials. Something needs to be done within the game to improve the standard nationwide but this guy was beyond words at times. Not talking specifically about the Jonah incident; he was clipped but could have stayed on his feet although a yellow was harsh. Far too many incidents were bad fouls weren't given, throw in given to the wrong side etc.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 06:12:20 PM »
Another great team effort,  well done everyone!
Hopefully Sheridan's not badly injured as he looked good and we will need everyone fit for the run in.
Ref was crap, Worcester fans stopped the beer flow at half time with behaviour that was reminiscent of the bad old days,  but the police calmed it down  :police:

Not sure what happened in West St but I'm hoping they didn't wreck the Eagle as we're heading down there later for a couple of cold ones  :dan

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »
Greene said that Sheridan will be out for 2-4 weeks as he has pulled his hamstring. Big blow as worse case scenario could be the rest of the season. Greene also hinted that Jones, Southwell and Mills may be rested next Sat in order to preserve them for the following Monday and that Jake Hall could play. So team for next week could look a bit like:

Stryjek

Marrs
Pidge
Garner
Steer

Dixon
Hall
Roberts

Felix
Newsham
Walker

Don't have two strikers to replace Jonah and Southwell, and with Garner possibly replacing Mills who is also struggling with injury at the back he can't play up front so maybe Felix and Walker just behind Newsham, although it will be a big ask for Newsham to run the line on his own being so short of game time. I have seen Saebe play several times this season and whilst he is a decent prospect  I don't think he is ready to start at this level yet. A point would be a good result next Saturday in my opinion.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »
I mentioned how bad the Worcester Few were earlier
A lot of credit must go to The Town end who were brilliant today

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
Great result.

With Hednesford losing v Oxford it looks like it will be 3 out of 4 of Boston, Guisely, Chorley and Tamworth to make playoffs.

Boston, Guisely, Chorley and Tamworth all on 63 points then Hednesford on 59 who have played a game more.

Guiseley and Chorley still have to play each other twice and both have other tough games. If either teams takes 6 points from those 2 games that will have a big say on the play off race with the team taking 0 likely to be the team to miss out.

Our Easter Monday game v Tamworth now looking like a very big game. Finally get a gate over 1500 at home for the first time in a while?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »

I heard a rumour miele's grandad finally showed up with his bulldozer to start work on the Municipal Building  :dan

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:15 PM »
Looked like Southwell was carrying a knock in the second half, so maybe a chance to give Newsh a start next Saturday
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »

I heard a rumour miele's grandad finally showed up with his bulldozer to start work on the Municipal Building  :dan

He got the wrong building and flattened THE EAGLE !!!!!!! :) :)

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »
some of the Worcester fans are saying them nobs aren't Worcester fans and never seen them at a Worcester game before but west brom or Birmingham fans that came for day out as no top flight games

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:29 AM »
Got a good look at the Worcester fans from the blue seats and they looked like a right bunch of bellends. Strung up a "No Surrender" flag..... and a Boston steward helped them! They then followed this up with a "No Surrender to the IRA" song, because it's 1988, and a couple of them were getting in the faces of stewards trying to calm them down. Looked like thicko wannabe casuals who'd had a pint when they really should probably just stick to the J20s....

As for the game, Worcester were beyond crap, and is was disappointing we didn't have the game wrapped up by half time. Definitely not firing on all cylinders. Still, three points in the bag. Squeaky bum time now...!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 08:01:23 AM »

He got the wrong building and flattened THE EAGLE !!!!!!! :) :)

That might explain my bad head this morning... feels like I've been run over by a D6  :o