Author Topic: players wages  (Read 3602 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
players wages
« on: March 23, 2015, 06:24:30 PM »
its sometimes asked on here what the players get.
not a clue but I would imagine its less than Torquay's players
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3007723/Torquay-United-players-earn-average-375-week-16-years-earn-Manchester-United-s-Wayne-Rooney-makes-seven-days.html

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: players wages
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
I know one player from the first teams not gonna say names but its 80 a week as for the others and a average i have not a clue.

The 80 was right at start of season so may be higher now

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:51:30 PM »
One player at the start of the season (been released since) was on a £0 contract. Would guess that our top earners (Pidge and garner presumably) would be on much less than the average at Torquay. If we manage to go  up hopefully serious funds will be available to remain competitive whilst still keeping within the sensible business model that Newton has put in place.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
Torquay are still full time, so we'd expect to be well behind what they pay.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

azi1992

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:43:28 PM »
Torquay are still full time, so we'd expect to be well behind what they pay.
what is the average for us then bro? spill dem beens!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »
Was talking to someone ( in the know ) last week and he said we have the 3rd smallest budget in the league. Also Spalding's budget is a lot higher than ours. So it makes what Den is doing with the team remarkable. So we are punching above our weight.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »
Was talking to someone ( in the know ) last week and he said we have the 3rd smallest budget in the league. Also Spalding's budget is a lot higher than ours. So it makes what Den is doing with the team remarkable. So we are punching above our weight.

No idea if this is true or not - I thought we we're more 'average' than that - but it's not impossible. We like to think we're a 'big' club and in name only I suppose we are. But as for resources, much of the income from our large-ish crowds will be swallowed up by the YS rent, and David Newton runs a tight ship, cutting his cloth accordingly.

Even if we have an average budget, it still shows Den is doing a great job. And if we really are that poor, then he's doing a bloody magnificent job.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:26 PM »

So this person "in the know" knew the budget of every club in our league?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »

So this person "in the know" knew the budget of every club in our league?

fair point, never thought of that :o
The older I get, the earlier it gets late