Author Topic: Just like watching Barco  (Read 11153 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Just like watching Barco
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »
Well done Boston , we gave em two goals and still put 5 past the mercenary thugs, it could easy have been 8 if we had taken all the chances, if only we could turn in a performance like this in away matches, all we can do is to keep getting as many points as possible, it's not over yet !.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Just like watching Barco
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »
Great game.
Big ask..How did Cecil last the full 90?
He should have been sent off.
I thought it was brilliant team performance :)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »
More superb entertainment at York St!
Dale starting to look like a non-league version of Messi and Kyle Dixon making Scholes look pedestrian  8)
They were the stand out players for me along with Pidge of course,  but they all played well.
With all these goals going in at home we are starting to see some of the missing fans returning  :dan

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 07:01:52 PM »
Well, as the season ended last Saturday it was good to see over 1100 there today. As the pressure is now off and the season finished lets hope the team can keep performing like they did today and carry on entertaining us that will keep watching them just for the fun of it.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »
It ain't over yet! Maybe 550 next Saturday though!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »
Or even 450

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 07:28:09 PM »
Well, as the season ended last Saturday it was good to see over 1100 there today. As the pressure is now off and the season finished lets hope the team can keep performing like they did today and carry on entertaining us that will keep watching them just for the fun of it.
I thought it was the Saturday before that that made you angry.
Forgot to mention Kane Felix who had one of the best performances I've seen from him  8)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »
Great performance today for around 75 mins which was all down to the super wing play of Kane he was the person who turned the game single handed setting up the 2 opening goals for us. He has the beating of every full back in this league and is very underated but today Kane you was my man of the match by far.
The left back for harrow gate will be having nightmares tonight after being run ragged by our flying winger!
Keep it up lads!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »
Felix was my MOTM too. 

They were lucky to end with 11 as they enjoyed the most lenient ref we've seen in a long time.

Great game to watch, mental in the first half.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »
Great performance from the lads to come back from the worst start possible. Felix was unplayable today and should have got more protection from the officials. Decent attendance for the first time in a while possibly due to being the end of the month, nice weather and good home performances. As much as I wanted Marrs to do well here he has made a lot of individual errors this season and gets "out muscled" by some of the heavy weights in this league.

On to the next game and we need to beat Hednesford as we have struggled away against the top sides.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 06:51:31 AM »
Great performance from the lads to come back from the worst start possible. Felix was unplayable today and should have got more protection from the officials. Decent attendance for the first time in a while possibly due to being the end of the month, nice weather and good home performances. As much as I wanted Marrs to do well here he has made a lot of individual errors this season and gets "out muscled" by some of the heavy weights in this league.

On to the next game and we need to beat Hednesford as we have struggled away against the top sides.

To even stand a remotest of chance of the playoffs we need to beat Hednesford next week (not normally a happy hunting ground). It is their spot we are gunning for.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 06:55:57 AM »
Tamworth have also caught all their games up now, so at least we have a target in those two.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »
VFM is most certainly the key, am wondering if all this goals in the last six home games is a record
..Ken?
As others have said it can't be coincidence that such VFM is driving supporters back and that's as positive a sign as any.
Don't mind eating a bit of humble pie either about Jones who couldn't buy a goal for the first two months, but who now can't stop scoring, and as for Dayld he must be on target for 32, 33 goals which in August I never thought thst would happen either.
Brilliant team performance and though like last year I think we will experience play off heartache we can do no more than give it our best shot and see where it takes us.
A win Saturday and who knows how many will turn up for the next five goals. Well done to everyone

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
Good to see that our recent home performances are bringing back the missing supporters.  There were over 150 more home fans than the two previous home games.  Contrast this with the total of 104 who watched our neighbours Spalding Utd at home.  How happy must Mark Jones be now!
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 02:43:11 PM »
VFM is most certainly the key, am wondering if all this goals in the last six home games is a record
..Ken?
As others have said it can't be coincidence that such VFM is driving supporters back and that's as positive a sign as any.
Don't mind eating a bit of humble pie either about Jones who couldn't buy a goal for the first two months, but who now can't stop scoring, and as for Dayld he must be on target for 32, 33 goals which in August I never thought thst would happen either.
Brilliant team performance and though like last year I think we will experience play off heartache we can do no more than give it our best shot and see where it takes us.
A win Saturday and who knows how many will turn up for the next five goals. Well done to everyone

Seem to recall you rebuked me pre-season when I suggested Vince was not good enough !!!