Author Topic: 2 - 0 down  (Read 5397 times)

Huntie

• View Profile
2 - 0 down
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »
Oh dear not looking good for boston at Guiseley
UTP

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Lost 2-0
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »
Gutted. A big body blow. Won't say anything else. I'll let Craig do his report for the club website.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2 - 0 down
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Also gutted  :(  the away form lets us down  :blank:

Are we allowed to say 'season over' now, without getting called a prat by an angry oxo?  :police:

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
Nice one Ed. We need to learn how to be more resilient away from home. It may well be tales of woe and how well the opposition keeper played but we rarely come away with anything against the top teams in this league when on the road.

Didn't go today but outcome so predictable and I've been to loads of aways where we have had similar results. Season over but roll on next week's five nil home win  :)

TEP

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »
Given the amount of games in hand some of the other teams have it looks it may be season over, but the fixture backlog could also be a disadvantage to some of the teams.

Also, that Hyde held Fylde to a draw shows that anything can still happen.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
Also gutted  :(  the away form lets us down  :blank:

Are we allowed to say 'season over' now, without getting called a prat by an angry oxo?  :police:

Yes I was angry when I said that because at that point to say  the season was  over did not sit well and I know the manager and the team members were a bit miffed by it. The season is still not over but I agree it will take a long run of wins and other results going for us. It was unfortunate that Sam should make another glaring error for their second goal as we had really come back into the game and were looking a bit brighter, He was lucky to stay on the field after bringing their player down although in fairness he was left totally exposed as we committed everyone forward and I was pleased he saved the resulting penalty.
The introduction of Magee  for Walker really brightened us up making some excellent runs at their defense and causing them all sort of problems. I honestly thought Guiseley were a poor team and we missed some real opportunities to at least get a draw. Missed Garns in midfield and Mills at the back any way on we go so keep supporting the lads. THE SEASON IS NOT OVER YET  (quite)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »
Not been to many away games this year but there have been report after report that say we have had enough chances to win every game.

Sadly today was the same, we're a strange side as we look good and look dangerous, but seem to be coming away on the end of easy defeats.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 08:02:42 PM »
We didn't play well, yet we still managed to create 2 or 3 good chances, as well as hitting the post (would have been a fluke goal) and bar.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
What the hell is going on in this league too, if you look at the form table, the teams in the top 6 are poor currently.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 09:18:47 PM »
Im not going to jump on the season over wagon just yet that said it just got a lot harder, But just looking at the results over the past few weeks and its almost starting to look like no team wants the play offs. We look at all these games in hand but to be truthfull the way results are going at mo the other teams are not going to make them count.
As for the game i cant add much more than oxo but to be honest the utter inept performance of the lino was that funny at times it made it worth going and thats not something u can say everyday

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »
Im not going to jump on the season over wagon just yet that said it just got a lot harder, But just looking at the results over the past few weeks and its almost starting to look like no team wants the play offs. We look at all these games in hand but to be truthfull the way results are going at mo the other teams are not going to make them count.
As for the game i cant add much more than oxo but to be honest the utter inept performance of the lino was that funny at times it made it worth going and thats not something u can say everyday

I'm ok with inept, we get that all the time and it is a tough job.  I'm not ok with changing the offside rule back to the 80's and basically not assisting the ref in any way shape or form.  He never gave anything until the ref pointed and even when obvious things happened in front of him he waited to see if there was a whistle before he made a move.  The ref yesterday did a great job in hindsight given Guiseleys history for taking a tumble at every opportunity and the lack of help he gained from his 'assistant'.

There was also a great example of the current 'contact' trend in football I've grown to detest. Marrs was clattered on a run, carried on and lost the ball but the play wasn't taken back for the foul.

If Marrs had thrown himself on the floor arms and legs everywhere then I guarantee he would have got the freekick in a dangerous position and the player would have been booked.  He had "every right to go down" I think is the saying.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:41:50 AM by Lord Cutler Knobhead »