Author Topic: Fylde game  (Read 18972 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde game
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
According to FA rules its up to the travelling club to ensure they arrive on time and face fines for not doing so. Extenuating circumstances there may be but apart from negating fines, we wouldn't have any ground's for any appeal.
If we miss the play off's by three points then we will just have to take it on the chin. Last year we had two really long journeys where we travelled up in the day even though for one I am sure I remember there was an offer to foot the hotel bill which for reasons I never worked out we didn't take advantage off. We lost both those games and arguably in doing so did cost us a play off spot. Not this time though.

We are where we deserve and though our mojo has well and truly returned at home if we do miss out, look again and.no further, like last year to our performances on our travels.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:12 AM »
According to FA rules its up to the travelling club to ensure they arrive on time and face fines for not doing so. Extenuating circumstances there may be but apart from negating fines, we wouldn't have any ground's for any appeal.
If we miss the play off's by three points then we will just have to take it on the chin. Last year we had two really long journeys where we travelled up in the day even though for one I am sure I remember there was an offer to foot the hotel bill which for reasons I never worked out we didn't take advantage off. We lost both those games and arguably in doing so did cost us a play off spot. Not this time though.

We are where we deserve and though our mojo has well and truly returned at home if we do miss out, look again and.no further, like last year to our performances on our travels.

You are correct about not taking the hotel offer. My understanding was down to over half the team had got work commitments so couldn't travel early to the hotel

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 08:50:14 AM »
It's really difficult for semi pro players to trek miles mid week.
Some clubs can be lucky with fixtures and some are not.
(Anyone in the same league as Workington are unlucky whatever the day )

We really do need to go full time :)

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
We dropped Rene off at Newark at 2am and he said he had another 2 1/2 hours drive to get home! Now that is what you call commitment.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »
We dropped Rene off at Newark at 2am and he said he had another 2 1/2 hours drive to get home! Now that is what you call commitment.

Certainly puts the premier league pansies to shame.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »

Certainly puts the premier league pansies to shame.
remember Fulham coming?
didn't they fly to Coningsby and stay at the petwood whilst their coach drove up empty to bring them from Woodhall to ground???
wonder if they would still do that?