Author Topic: Norwich City  (Read 10376 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Norwich City
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
Lost 9-0. Unbearable to watch. Did we not make any prior agreement with the Canaries regarding the strength of teams for this "friendly"? Did they think it was our first team they were up against? This kind of fixture, where we are fielding u-16 kids against full-time players, leaves a lot to be desired. I am struggling to find positives or any benefit to BUFC from this game. Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:06:29 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 07:26:40 AM »
I am struggling to find positives or any benefit to BUFC from this game. Can anyone help?

Maybe the manager learns more about his players from a heavy defeat than he would have done from a big victory?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »
Fitness, fitness, fitness.

EDIT: I see the report mentions several trialists, and that a couple of youth teamers played. They will have learned more in this game, probably than the whole youth season..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:23:12 AM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
If players aren't fit by this time of the season then they'll never be (with the exception of those coming back from serious long term injury).

Did the new goalie play ? As he's so young I am concerned he may be no better than Vince - who I thought did ok earlier in the season until Gledhill was brought in  - and he started getting messed about (noted he had a moment of madness with his sending off offence)

TEP

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »
What was the gate? Did the club break even? Sounds like it was a waste of time! Pleased I stayed in and watched Barca!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
If players aren't fit by this time of the season then they'll never be (with the exception of those coming back from serious long term injury).

Did the new goalie play ? As he's so young I am concerned he may be no better than Vince - who I thought did ok earlier in the season until Gledhill was brought in  - and he started getting messed about (noted he had a moment of madness with his sending off offence)

TEP

I,d be amazed if a goalie from  Sunderland who has appeared for their u21s and development team is not better than Vince .

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
There were 129 there. No, I didn't count them; the bloke on the gate told someone next to me. One of the problems we had was that the Norwich City players were all a good 2 inches taller than us and looked a lot older. However, our lads get running right up to the end and were unlucky not to score at least two.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 05:27:19 PM »
How many first teamers played for Boston last night?