Author Topic: Jamie Clarke  (Read 25041 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: Jamie Clarke
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 06:08:09 PM »
Whats all this about another of Welshy's signings. It's alright signing players but it's what u do with them that matters.
Correct Seenbetter, it is about what is done with them when they sign. Also more than 1 player has mentioned how Rob Scott has sold the club to them with his and PH's vision for the club, this includes Camm and Clarke. Is it not possible that Welsh might not have been able to sell the club to these players and we missed out, like last season? Camm having offers from Conf North clubs and Clarke from Hucknall??

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:46 PM »

Would appear from the GTFC forum that Clarkys signature has rattled a few of their
   support not least Sut who writes,.... quote......

"Don't wish him any luck at all signing for them,hope he fails to score during his entire
     Boston career and is shipped out of the sinking BUFC ship"

A bit rich coming from someone who wanted the player at the Meres next season so one
   would assume sour grapes on his part  ;)   

The Granfum support is a bit like Grimity's...they hate us with a passion, love the fact we're struggling and try to build up some big rivalry. We on the other hand see them as an irrelevance and couldn't really give a sh*t if either club is winning or losing.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 06:15:12 PM »
mm .. but they can bring a bit of support wen they play us..

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »
All 26 of them

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
Far less than Cammel Laird .

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
i can only see sw being at boston to do the job with the youth,like ive said befor invalluable,but also his experiance in this league to put his pennyworth in with the new management also an advantage only and nothing else.we have got a lot to do befor we get up to winning ways to get us top half and all contacts are an advantage..
"till saturday comes"

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »
I feel one can always judge a player and his worth by the reaction of the supportersof the club he leaves, and interstingly after just reading the Stamford site, there is no uproar, and no real signs of any disapointment either, which could speak voulmes

It would appear they are more excited by the signing of Matson than the loss of Clarke.

I watched stamford several times last year and apart from one quite truly incredible finish, I didn't even notice the boy, he most certainly doesn't appear to be a work horse thats for sure, but if he scores 20/25 goals perhaps work rate wont be important

It does strike me though, with the lack of confirmed signings though, that our new managers aren't quite as au fait with the talent avaible to them in Lincolnshire as they could be.

Perhaps its why these rumours are now circulating about them picking the brains of SW, which initself is quite strange as he himself appeared to have a similar chink in his managerial armoury

I am expecting, should that be hoping, that many players arrive from pastures west, maybe debyshire and yorkshire where their knowledge is obviously and understandably greater

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »
I feel one can always judge a player and his worth by the reaction of the supportersof the club he leaves, and interstingly after just reading the Stamford site, there is no uproar, and no real signs of any disapointment either, which could speak voulmes

It would appear they are more excited by the signing of Matson than the loss of Clarke.

It doesnt necesarily mean that much, players move around tons in non-league and since he scored a lot of goals and we approached him in January, it shouldnt really be a surprise that he has departed.

And the fact that they are "excited" by the prospect of Matson says it all really...

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
It seems to me that alot of people on this forum have jumped onto the band waggon that has been started up originally by the one man crucade who is kingofknaves. What is KON problem, has he fecked your misses or something. Danny Matson never got a chance to show anyone what he could do, Shame. Surely KON there some real poor players that have donned the Boston United shirt in the last 5 or 6 years that have played a lot more too that are more deservintg of such abuse.

I've never met Danny Matson personally or know his family atall but i'd like to wish you good luck in the next part of your football career and hope you stay injury free. Prove these people wrong kid.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
Quite right RP - and it's not just about Matson. It seems some people are keen already to cast asperions on the new managers on the flimsiest evidence (they don't agree new signings as only one of them appears on the photos, they're signing SW's intended players etc etc etc). It all gets very tedious. Haven't these people anything better to do, such as mowing the lawn, and wait until the season starts to see what actually happens?

bb1

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »
I said in a post before the so called fans should and i quote (stop slagging off the managers).These people would still find fault if we were top of the league,and if we are mid table they will be calling for yet another new manager.What we need is continuity.I think a pair of managers can bring success,two heads better than one.Just look at the barrow boys.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
As long as they get it right:-\ i can see this season going down the pan

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
Speaking of Daniel Matson.. saw him at Gibbet Nook petrol station at coningsby, he was wearing boston shorts :O couldnt tell hu it was at first seens as he hadnt got on the pitch much, so saying that how can people say hes shit when he barely played :P

mats84

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 05:06:28 PM »
hey, its dan m. i would'nt normally post but i have been wanting to say a few things and reading this did prompt me to do so. i just wanted to say thank you to those BUFC fans that did send me cards and messages of good luck with the injury. It really did mean alot at a time when i was gutted to be honest, these things happen in football and to be fair ive not missed a game in four years so it was just my luck to do so when i got the opportunity to play for united. But luckily im still young and have many years playing, the knee is 100% and ive been back training hard for a few weeks now......
I did deserve the opportunity to play at this level, scoring 90 goals in three seasons at ucl level is not the easiest thing to do, the level has improved and it is a competitive league. I was never fit at united and with them having no reserve side it really didnt help me get to the fitness that i needed to be at, and when your not 100% fit injuries do happen.
It did'nt work out and i really hope you have a good season, the supporters deserve a team thats going to give 100% every game and get you out of the unibond.
It would be great to get drawn against you in the cup this season, be great to actually show you what i can do.
And KON my good friend, i must have done something wrong im sure, maybe your lonely or sexualy frustrated. i dont know. Instead of sitting behind your computer typing away about me, "which has been amusing" next time you see me in ASDA dont be a coward, come and say hello, i dont bite! you can have a water ski lesson anytime!!
Jamie clarke is a very good player and will do well for you, ive got many friends at stamford and he was highly thought of, players do read the forum and it doesnt give players confidence when some fans slate them, especially when they have not even kicked a ball in a united shirt...
All the best for the season ahead.

D

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 05:42:30 PM »
Danny Matson never got a chance to show anyone what he could do, Shame.

Quite right. He had very limited time on the pitch.
Still, a fond memory will be him taking out the linesman.
All the best to him for next season.