Author Topic: Jamie Clarke  (Read 24689 times)

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
Re: Jamie Clarke
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »
To be fair, apart from KOn I didn't hear anyone at Boston berate the lad and playing under his old manager and starting a new season afresh and fit, will do him no end of good thats for sure
like Miller I too wish him well, but after last seasons LC exploits against Stamford, and with them signing several of our old players, I dont fancy playing them this season just in case lightning does strike twice

As for JC lets hope that he does give us 20, 25 goals then there will surely be no slatings, though on reflection even that wont please everyone :-\

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »
Great post from mats84.  Certainly gives some food for thought, I've long thought the fans of this club can at times be its biggest enemy getting on the backs of players and management.  Its sad that some people have even started moaning about the new managers before any friendlies or even training!  Last season I actually stopped using my season ticket because I got sick of people getting on the players backs and that was after about two games!  We will never get the best out of our own players if we continue slagging them off, especially before they have even had the chance to prove themselves.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, its the opposition who should find York Street a hostile place to play, not our own players.

Anyway good luck to all the players for the future ncluding Danny Matson for the future.  I doubt wether any one of them would have wished for last season to work out how it did and would have wanted to be succesful as much as we did. 

Dave_67

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »
Great post from mats84.  Certainly gives some food for thought, I've long thought the fans of this club can at times be its biggest enemy getting on the backs of players and management.  Its sad that some people have even started moaning about the new managers before any friendlies or even training!  Last season I actually stopped using my season ticket because I got sick of people getting on the players backs and that was after about two games!  We will never get the best out of our own players if we continue slagging them off, especially before they have even had the chance to prove themselves.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, its the opposition who should find York Street a hostile place to play, not our own players.

Anyway good luck to all the players for the future ncluding Danny Matson for the future.  I doubt wether any one of them would have wished for last season to work out how it did and would have wanted to be succesful as much as we did.  

Totally agree.....there seems to be just a few "fans" that get on at a the players, but the players can hear these few "fans" and it cant do much for their confidence.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:54:40 PM by Dave_67 »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 10:14:45 PM »
I was one of those that wanted danny to get is chance and althou there was a lot of players last year that were intitle to there p45. I have to admit he was one of 4 or 5 players that have been sent packing that IMO should have had at least 6 or 7 month

Dave_67

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »
Was seen today at Quorn v Ilkeston wearing his BUFC training gear. Liam Green also there playing.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »

Yes had just got back from Cranwell after another gruelling hard session !!
   but tells me he is loving every minute of it................ ;D
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 12:08:58 AM »

Yes had just got back from Cranwell after another gruelling hard session !!
   but tells me he is loving every minute of it................ ;D

Good to hear about the "gruelling hard session !!". Looks like we'll have a super fit squad this season. IMO that was one of the problems last season. If you check out the "goals conceded in the last 15 mins." stat. compared to the rest of the game, it looks like we didn't last the 90 mins. too often. Individually we had the talent but you need to be able to use it for the whole game.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how Jamie Clarke turns out, hopefully hes better than the last Jamie Clarke we had here!

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »
Was seen today at Quorn v Ilkeston wearing his BUFC training gear. Liam Green also there playing.

so was mitch griffiths

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 07:47:14 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how Jamie Clarke turns out, hopefully hes better than the last Jamie Clarke we had here!

The one that is at Grimsby? I thought he was a great player mis-used by some prat whose name alludes me.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
So did I - it became common to see the corpulent Caledonian get hold of a good player and then fail to use him properly or fall out with him (sometimes both).

TheWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »

so was mitch griffiths
Why wouldn't of he been there?He is a signed Ilkeston player!!!!!!!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »

so was mitch griffiths
Why wouldn't of he been there?He is a signed Ilkeston player!!!!!!!
Mitch might wish he wasn't soon.If you have a look on the Ilson forum,there's real fears things may be about to go t*ts up.It seems owner Chek Whyte is in the deep brown smelly stuff.....................to the tune of £30million................