Author Topic: Today's Game  (Read 7542 times)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Today's Game
« on: January 31, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »
Excellent performance for me from start to finish. Created great chances in the second half and their keeper kept them in it and a worldly from Garns thunderbolt. Messiah looked quality first half albeit with limited amount of the ball and Felix looked quality in the second half and the team looked like energy all over the pitch. Have to say it well done done Den as it's finally clicking all over the pitch. Final point excellent referring today not to fussy took the conditions into account ten out of ten. We didn't get what we deserved but not for the lack of effort or commitment.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Today's Game
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »
I am still trying to figure out how we did not win that game today( before any smart a@@e says it I know it was because we only scored one goal :)). A great performance from start to finish by every man jack of them. I think we will still fall short of the play offs, but if the manager can keep most of the squad he has assembled then we will have a great chance next season. He has proved he can spot a decent player and he is also very shrewd when it comes to the loan market. Well done to all today.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:36:42 PM »
Agree with the above.
The stayaways missed a good game today.
Still keeping positive on playoffs.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »
Some of the build up play was superb, quick passing and usually seeing the ball enter their box (albeit sometimes through to the keeper). On another day, we'd have scored 3 or 4.

We could have crumbled after they scored with their first shot.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

black n yella

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »
A cracking game today. Their goal pretty much came out of nowhere with us starting lively and dominating a lot of possession. Thought we did well to stamp our authority back on the game in the later end of first half after going behind. We got the equaliser and felt we could definitely go on to win it as they looked a poor team. As Fishtoft says, it wasn't for the lack of trying and another millimetre or so and Garner would of scored another worldly to win it. A win would of been great and much deserved but it weren't to be, with some near misses and decent saves from their keeper. Overall I'm more than happy with the energy and desire from all the squad. Some lovely football played throughout the game and some excellent defending as well. We look a well balanced team now. Great progress from Dennis. Credit where credit is due. Really enjoyed the atmosphere as well, felt almost like an away game.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »
Great game today , had chance after chance they looked poor, there half time talk must of been to
kick and bully us but it did not work , have to agree thought ref was fair .
Hope pitch recovers for 2 weeks time :) :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »
The 5 yellow cards in the second  half reflected the pressure they were under .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
If the bbc site is up to date it showing Chorey won at Fylde and dropped a place.
It's a funny ole game

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »
If the bbc site is up to date it showing Chorey won at Fylde and dropped a place.
It's a funny ole game

It twists weekly, last week the playoffs looked achievable and this week it looks really, really tough.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 11:05:13 AM »
Great scrap and we did deserve to win. But thats football. Great effort by all of the players but would point out our number 4 giving the ball away at almost every kick. I thought the Ref who had a great game could have and should have carded both their number 10 who persisted in cheating all game standing in front of the ball at free kicks and even throwing the ball away from the corner along with their goaly who wasted more time than ive ever seen without a booking. Well done Boston, keep this up and we could reach the play offs.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »

Agree with other views around yesterday's performance - we were unlucky not to win.

Yesterday's ref was the best we've had for a long time. Only question mark is around whether or not a board went up at the end of the match to signify how much stoppage time was being applied. Did anyone else see one? I thought it was a rule that the board had to be shown, and when you've got opponents who are blatantly wasting time as much as Stockport were in the second half then you'd like to think an appropriate amount of time was being added on at the end.

Odin

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
Agree about the ref. he did point 4 fingers downwards in the direction of the linesman at the end but I didn't see the board go up so if that is a requirement I would have to blame the Lino for messing that one up.
Great game and the effort by our players was great. Terrible conditions to play good passing football. If the pitch had not been so squidgy and slippery I think we would have given em a good wupping, the cheating time wasting bunch of twisters. For me Garner and Pidge were fantastic but I have to say Garner really screwed up when his shot hit the bar, for goodness sake he only had to lower his aim by about 5 millimetres (

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »
would point out our number 4 giving the ball away at almost every kick
Think you might have been at a different game. Roberts played really well, he partners Garner yet still isn't afraid to put a tackle in.

Regarding stoppage time, it is up to the referee at this level whether a board is shown, I believe (not a requirement).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
would point out our number 4 giving the ball away at almost every kick
Think you might have been at a different game. Roberts played really well, he partners Garner yet still isn't afraid to put a tackle in.

Regarding stoppage time, it is up to the referee at this level whether a board is shown, I believe (not a requirement).

Can see where scot and P86 disagree ,  Roberts did give the ball away a few too many times yesterday like most mid-fielders do at this level of football .    Unlike many of our midfielders in the  past Roberts and Garner often redeem themselves by reacting and following up and retrieve the ball.   On balance I think Roberts had an acceptable game .

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »
Agree GHM Roberts passing was overall poor yesterday but hasn't been in other games although he works hard, covers the ground well and tackles well. Garner was immense yesterday and was my MOM and hopefully we can get Dixon in this week as Garner will be missed the next couple of games.