Author Topic: Town end  (Read 9168 times)

Steviemas

• View Profile
Town end
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:06:57 PM »
See we have lost the town end tomorrow because the local constabulary :police: deem that the 150 so Stockport fans uncontrollable, bloody disgrace, have stood there all season with my lad who loves hanging his flag up,so on the assumption of some non existent hooligan problem he has been denied this pleasure, seriously considering giving it a miss tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:15:14 PM by Steviemas »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Town end
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
See we have lost the town end tomorrow because the local constabulary :police: deem that the 150 so Stockport fans uncontrollable, bloody disgrace, have stood there all season with my lad who loves hanging his flag up,so on the assumption of some non existent hooligan problem he has been denied this pleasure, seriously considering giving it a miss tomorrow.

Come and stand on the Spayne Terrace and breath life into the old farts  :laugh:

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
Probably my only option ghm,but my lad being autistic will require a little gentle persuasion, has got used to standing on the town end with a regular group of supporters he has befriended, maybe give it a go.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:35:22 PM »
Have to admit I am suprised by the choice with county widely expecting around 150 to 175 at the max, my gripe on this is now as a club we are been accused by there fans as saying there trouble. Think its time we had a good look at where we get our Intel from I.e Telford,trinity and now county

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
The last time we played them there were a few of their fans sat in front of us in the main stand (don't know what it's called as can't read it)
They were getting on a bit but nice guys, no bother,
If they are only expecting 175 max won't they fit in the York St pen??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:09:05 PM »
Where does it say the club are expecting 175?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »

Info gathered from there forums/twitter accounts from there regular traveling band

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »
Need to get used to standing somewhere else soon. If you don't go you will obviously miss the game. If you do go then you would more than likely be standing with the same people but in the adjacent terrace. Whatever you decide, if you feel strongly about it then go and have a word with David Newton, who I'm sure will be able to explain the rationale in more detail.

YEP

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 11:52:25 PM »
What annoys me regarding this is that our lads that sing normally are in that area the terrace has great acoustics why would we want to give County any advantage as im sure 150 odd of them will make a fair noise in our home end.
we should be trying to do everything possible to make life easier for our boys on the pitch.
After all we need the vital points at home so lets all make plenty of noise tomorrow!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
It's probably been done with safety in mind and that will override anything to do with acoustics and fan pleasure :)

azi1992

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »
babylon given the info and past it on.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:06 AM »
150/170 should easily fit in the usual away section, and in the current weather conditions I don't expect that many to attend.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »
The acoustics at the York Street end stand are far better than the town end anyway.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
I heard a Steward tell someone last Saturday that Stockport are bringing 200 to 250 fans..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »
150/170 should easily fit in the usual away section, and in the current weather conditions I don't expect that many to attend.
The issue is that the normal away end holds 202. If Stockport say 170 are coming, BUFC are going to play it safe and move them to the Town End, just incase 203 turn up. They haven't had a home gate below 2000 this season, so it's not unheard of for 10% of them to travel, especially as last season it was a midweek game.

We might well be seen as the only other 'proper club' in this division to them, and they know that the facilities are better than you get at North Ferriby, Brackley, etc...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/