Author Topic: Gimme FIVE  (Read 14105 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gimme FIVE
« on: January 24, 2015, 05:36:24 PM »
3rd consecutive league game at York Street where we've scored 5 goals.

It was nice to see us punish the mistakes made by Guiseley, topped off with a great finish by Simmons.

Jones was my Man of the Match today.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gimme FIVE
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »
Some of the Guiseley errors were forced errors because of Southwell and Felix tireless efforts.
Great result against a top 5  team
Some of the stay aways missed a good entertaining game

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:54:57 PM by howmanynames2pick »

black n yella

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
Bloody good game that. Did the ugly stuff first half and capitalised on their errors. Second half totally dominated them and felt we could had a few more goals if it weren't for keeper. I know I'm like a broken record but now we really need to show some consistency and get on a run if were to keep the dream of play offs alive.

Top work boys, keep that level of performance up and you won't go far wrong.
UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 06:17:34 PM »
Home league form since October:

WDDWWW

Away league form since October:

WDDLLDL
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »
It's so quiet on here tonight, must have been the performance of the season.

Well done lads, excellent game, proud to be a Boston supporter tonight

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:17:25 PM »
All we can do is keep picking up points and hope the fixtures pile up elsewhere.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »
Really pleased with that today. Cracking entertainment. On a roll at home.

Bring on next weekend.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »
It's so quiet on here tonight, must have been the performance of the season.

Well done lads, excellent game, proud to be a Boston supporter tonight
Ah but had we lost it would be different!
Where are Dens "advisors"?........or has he listened to them??
All players did well today. Good to see Jones score again.
The last 3 home games has seen us score 15 goals and concede 4.
Let's hope we can continue that next Saturday
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:03:20 AM by howmanynames2pick »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 12:21:03 AM »
Awesome display,  it could have been even more today.  I couldn't fault any one of them, things are certainly changing for the better.  Guess that's why there are not so many comments made on this result, it just doesn't make the moaners happy  :bunny

I'm gonna clap happy all through the night, lol. 

On a last note, now the moaners are turning to the fact our manager has a life out of football and goes out at night.  Whoopee doo,  maybe others should try enjoying themselves too. I've many times been out the night before work, its no different.  Sadly, we have this element around Bostonia where some will simply find the most petty of things to whine about.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 06:35:06 AM »
Can't believe I missed it, but what na cracking result and sounds as though the performance matched it. Where would we be if that was even half matched week in week out.
Well done boys I guarantee they didn't see that coming any morecthan we did.....brilliant

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 10:56:59 AM »
Superb display again yesterday. Goals galore for the second season in a row at home. Our wingers were the key yesterday. Guiseley seemed to play 3-6-1 crowding the midfield and playing the possession game, however we had obviously done our homework and tactically out thought them pressing them high up the pitch with Jones/Southwell/Felix and Walker not giving them the time on the ball they wanted; or it appeared they are used to resulting in us breaking quickly numerous times - missing a couple of big chances before we went one up in the seventh minute. Outnumbered in  midfield but Garner and Roberts were both superb and won the midfield battle.  Guiesley had a couple of (half) chances at 2-0 before the break but didn't seriously threaten Dixon.  Second half we dominated again creating chances galore again Southwell scored two fine goals to add to his impressive tally before Simmonds scored the goal of the game chipping the 'keeper from about 25 yards out.

Guiseley have a new comedian two replace Walshaw in their number 11 who despite being booked early on for diving still tried his luck a couple more times and got both Felix (MOM for me) and Garner booked despite minimal contact - which was the only downside to the game as Garner now has a two match ban. Garner has been a revolution in midfield and the reason we have looked so good (especially at home) since October. Not sure when it kicks in but who replaces him could be crucial to our play off hopes as we need to go on a run. Maybe Kyle Dixon could return? Marshall and McGhee could also be back in a few weeks hopefully fitter and back to their best.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 12:21:49 PM »
Post on their forum:

No where near good enough today, I thought Boston were all over us right from the off.
We created a good amount of chances in the first 45 but only really made the keeper pull off one save, that was from a Danny Boshell low shot which he saved at full stretch.
The first goal came from Ben Parker being injured an unable to run onto the ball over the top which allowed the Boston man to run free and shoot at Drench who initially made a good save but Felix had the net gaping in front of him and couldn't miss.
Parker eventually went off to be replaced by Danny Ellis who was surprisingly on the bench.
We had a couple of chances after that, Brooksby volleyed over from the inside of the area and Danny Lowe volleyed Boshell's cross right across the face of goal when really it should have at least forced the keeper into a save.
The the second came from Gavin Rothery having the ball in the left back position, he was fouled but the ref gave advantage, I would like to know where the advantage was when Gav was facing our goal with three men on him, so he attempted a pass back to Drench but it was cut out by Jones and he slotted under Drench right before half time.
I think that goal really knocked the stuffing out of us, however the next goal was crucial to decide which way the game would go.
Unfortunately we didn't get it and never really looked like getting it.
Drench cleared from a goal kick but the Boston man won the ball and headed it on to an attacker who broke away and then only had Drench to beat and he did that with ease.
The fourth was another good finish by Boston then it was definitely game over.
However we did get a goal back when Rothery atoned for his earlier error by striking the ball into the top corner and past Dixon who nearly saved it.
We did have a chance before too but Lawlor's header clipped the outside of the post.
The fifth came in injury time when Simmons exquisitely chipped Drench to really rub it in.
We do have a lot of injuries however that is no excuse for today's display, I think we are missing Boyes and Holdsworth.
Only having two out and out strikers is really harming us too, there was no option to bring an attacking threat, other than Oli Johnson who going by Bower's post match interview isn't fit either, Alex Johnson can't do it up top on his own and doesn't really seem to be able to strike a partnership with Nicky Bosh.
But also going by Bower's post match interview the funds have not been there for any signings which is fair enough when you consider the size of the squad but the bench is looking a bit thin at the moment.
I feel sorry for Stockdill too, whatever he does he can't seem to get in the team, he has played well everytime he has had an opportunity but is always dropped the next match.
When you consider though, Boyes out through suspension, Holdsworth out through injury, Hall out on loan to get match fitness, Toulson back after over a month out, Oli Johnson carrying an injury and Brooksby hasn't played for a while either it doesn't really help matters.
Defeats like today's can have a positive affect on our season though, look at what happened after Alty away in the league last season and out heavy defeat at Alfreton a few years ago.
Chips were top draw from the Eagles chip shop pre match.
Programme superb as always from Boston.
Onto Hyde at home now, hopefully we can bounce back to winning ways.
Come on Guiseley!
AB

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »
Posted by AB!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 01:01:05 PM »
Got to say AB Post on there board are top notch. His preview post was full of info for those traveling down and his review was just as good.

But for what its worth im gonna say yes it was a great performance and Dennis did get it right but after we scored the first goal there was several times where we got the ball and the other Boston players failed to move and just waited for the ball despite been stood directly behind there player. Once we got the second we got hold of the game and never once stood, as soon as we got the ball others moved to make themselve available for a pass.

But apart from that i thought we was good front to back and my MOM was jones who held the ball up all match and ran at them when they had the ball forcing mistakes

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
Forgot about Boyes. Considering the form he has been in for them maybe he would have made a difference because the ginger lad up front on his own was poor.