Author Topic: Gimme FIVE  (Read 14121 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gimme FIVE
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »
Ah but had we lost it would be different!
Where are Dens "advisors"?........or has he listened to them??

I noticed that at least of one of his advisors weren't at the game yesterday so it was a bit quieter on the Spayne Road terrace.  :)

I take it that someone's "grand dad" wasn't at the game either, perhaps they were all off scouting.  ;)

On a different note, given the teams last three home games maybe instead of the usual music they should come out to "Take Five" this Saturday.  :D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 06:52:38 PM »
Decent review of the game. Would argue Rothery wasn't fouled for our second.  He just failed to con the officials to the same level as he is used to, and bottled facing Garner again so went backwards.

Looking back, we're not missing Newshams goals at present and Steer is suspended so fair play to the team as it felt like they would struggle as we shuffled the back four again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:18:36 PM by Lord Cutler Knobhead »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 08:00:41 PM »
Watching the highlights on Youtube, it was nowhere near a foul on Rothery... he fell to the floor (again)!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 08:22:59 PM »
When Dayle Southwell signed I remember someone quoting Paul Hurst saying he was the best finisher at Grimsby. Watching some of his recent goals from narrow angles makes me realise what he was on about...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 09:23:34 PM »
When Dayle Southwell signed I remember someone quoting Paul Hurst saying he was the best finisher at Grimsby. Watching some of his recent goals from narrow angles makes me realise what he was on about...
His goal at BPA (not the penalty) is the best finish I've seen this season. Not sure it's on video, though.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
Yeah I was there for that one - was it on his left or I am dreaming that?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:29 PM »
His right I think... cut inside from the inside-left position to fire into the far corner?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »

Seem to think Rob Scott spoke to green not long after we signed him  to tell him that he highly rated Southwell and felt given the chance of a run in the team said he was a 20 + Goal machine. Guess what.. seems he was right.  With 15 games left i think he will get 25 plus

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
Is he on contract?  If not, he ought to be.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
nice to hear us speaking highly of a player.
DG did say at a forum we would soon forget Ricky Miller.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »
Is he on contract?  If not, he ought to be.

For this season yes and Greene as also announced this week that the club as already opened talks regarding his contract

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/boston-united-in-talks-to-tie-down-hotshot-dayle-southwell-1-6543381

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »
nice to hear us speaking highly of a player.
DG did say at a forum we would soon forget Ricky Miller.

And rightly so.

Miller scored 28 in 46.... Ave 0.606 a game
Southwell     18 in 31.....Ave 0.580 a game

Miller 25, Southwell 21

In my eyes given ages id say Southwell is looking at been the better of the 2

Odin

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 12:49:16 PM »
I always thought that Millers success came mostly from winning penalties for us and the goals that followed. Southwells success seems to come from him not winning penalties but scoring in open play. Be interesting to know their stats in relation to penalty goals and open play goals. Anyway DG was right about soon forgetting Miller.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 04:34:31 PM »
Good news regarding Southwell.
Pidge, Vince and Felix are signed for next season as they signed two year deals last summer. Not quite sure what the state of play with Newsh is he had the "option" of a second year but my guess this would be that it is triggered by a certain amount of appearances this season?

Apart from those mentioned I would also like to see Garner, Mills and Walker all signed up on contract for next season ASAP.
Get the impression Steer isn't overly keen on contracts as I would presume he would have been offered one at some point given his ability.

Others in the squad will either be released in the summer or kept on non contract terms.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 06:48:17 PM »
Yeah I remember now P86 - he did indeed curl it in from the left at Bradford...