Author Topic: Nuneaton today  (Read 8241 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Nuneaton today
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:48:06 PM »
Did it happen?
Any reports?

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nuneaton today
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:56 PM »
Can't find a report but we drew 1-1 with simmonds scoring.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
Craig says it was a trialist that scored
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »
it must have been A. Trialiat who scored then.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »
Bring on Lincoln Tuesday night :)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 10:06:39 PM »
it must have been A. Trialiat who scored then.

A triallist whose club wasn't playing today, then? Or someone without a club?

XYU

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 10:41:40 PM »
I thought it was Walker who scored, but having not seen either of them play before and there being no team info anywhere, it could well have been Simmonds. Or A.Trialist.

A short-ish report:
I missed the 1st 10 minutes due to the game kicking off 15 minutes early and Nuneaton's ground being a bit of a joke of closed turnstyles and portacabins. The first half was a bit of a scrappy, disjointed affair with both teams suffering with the gusts of wind making long passes near impossible to judge. Our best attacks came from the wings, with Walker (or whoever it was I thought was Walker) being the pick of the bunch, always looking a danger when he could run at them, and producing several good crosses. Thirty seconds before nuneaton scored Southwell hit the bar when one on one with the keeper from an angle. Their goal was an unmarked volley in the box from a cross. Maybe should've been headed clear by someone, but I don't know how much the wind changed the path of the ball on the cross.
In the 2nd half we looked a bit better, creating some good passing moves and always attempting something slightly creative in the final third, even though just hitting it might've sometimes been the better option. But I understand Nuneaton's side was mainly trialists and people not playing much, so it wasn't the most organised of defences. Our goal came from one of the several decent throughballs onto someone making a diagonal run. We could've/possibly should've scored another one or two in the second half. One move late one came close after substitue McGhee (I think - I'm notoriously rubbish at identifying players from distance) played a perfectly weighted ball earlier in the move. Louis Saebe and a Youth team (I think) Defender came on as subs for 20 mins and both looked ok, but not quite good enough to challenge the first team this season. Saebe had a decent header saved at the near post right at the end.

A decent run-out, but I'm glad they didn't charge an entry fee for standing around in the freezing wind.
I'm guessing on Tuesday's game against Lincoln, Garner, Steer, Felix, Hollingsworth and Jones will play, as they didn't today. But then judging by their thrashing, most of Lincoln didn't play today either.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »
So a bit of a joke game then? Sad both clubs wasted their time with it.
I assume you've spoke to both DG and Liam Daish regarding their view of a 'joke' game?  Maybe the scoring trialist is our answer to a 2nd goalscoring striker?

Whole purpose of going out of FA Trophy was to rest players and to save them for league games. Therefore, what was the point of today's farce?
How do you work that out? Are you saying we deliberately threw the North Ferriby games? Bit of an allegation there!! (Something you may want to retract)

We had a league game scheduled for today, so no rest could have been planned.

At least I went to Wyberton to admire The Quadrant site.

How is the grass growing these days? Are you sure you weren't there for Wyberton v Skegness United in your beloved Lincolnshire League, at the Causeway?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:25:35 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »
Same old, same old Pilgrim86!

So what if I did go to Wyberton? I was supporting local football - is that so wrong?

OK - so we went out of the FA Trophy. Of course I'm not suggesting we threw the game and deliberately lose - and, under normal circumstances, you really should apologise to me for your previous remark but I'll let it go this time. My point is that the club should have taken advantage of the fact that we are out of the Trophy and should have had a total blank weekend to prepare for the remainder of the League campaign. I agree that there were some minor merits for playing yesterday but these surely are outweighed by cost of travelling and potential risk of injury to players?

Move over Dave Newton .
With your costing and injury assessment expertise BB you should be on the board of directors .

Anyhow, look forward to seeing you at next game! Oh, and by the way young man, a belated Happy New Year.  :police:

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 12:54:16 PM »
Same old, same old Pilgrim86!

So what if I did go to Wyberton? I was supporting local football - is that so wrong?

OK - so we went out of the FA Trophy. Of course I'm not suggesting we threw the game and deliberately lose - and, under normal circumstances, you really should apologise to me for your previous remark but I'll let it go this time. My point is that the club should have taken advantage of the fact that we are out of the Trophy and should have had a total blank weekend to prepare for the remainder of the League campaign. I agree that there were some minor merits for playing yesterday but these surely are outweighed by cost of travelling and potential risk of injury to players?

Anyhow, look forward to seeing you at next game! Oh, and by the way young man, a belated Happy New Year and thanks for all the information and guidance you gave us in 2013.  :police:

You quite clearly said there was a purpose to going out of the FA Trophy. Not sure why I should be apologising for your allegation.

Dennis is the manager, and it is up to him (with the OK from David Newton) whether we leave a blank Saturday or arrange a friendly. I wouldn't have expected the players to have a day off (either bring them in for training, or maybe a tactical session) - injuries could happen in training too (ask Louis van Gaal). You didn't confirm/deny whether you'd spoken to DG and/or Liam Daish regarding yesterday's 'joke'.

I'll politely decline your offer, thank you (plus 2013 was over a year ago). Also, please don't call me 'young man'.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Also, please don't call me 'young man'.

Would you prefer to be called an old woman?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 02:58:50 PM »
Also, please don't call me 'young man'.

Would you prefer to be called an old woman?

No, as I'm not one of those either...

black n yella

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
I said young man

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »
Ah you crazy townenders :)

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »
Seems the trialist was a winger called Bayan Fenwick.  Ex Lewes and Crystal Palace.