Author Topic: Ernie Moss  (Read 3583 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ernie Moss
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »

It appears our former assistant manager Ernie Moss is currently facing up to a health scare, and one of his other former clubs Chesterfield have arranged an "Ernie Moss Day" to highlight some of the issues. Well done to Chesterfield for doing that, and I'm sure everyone connected with Boston United would want to wish him well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2902818/Chesterfield-host-Ernie-Moss-Day-against-Port-Vale-order-raise-awareness-Pick-s-Disease.html

Cookie, wouldn't you have played under Peter Morris and Ernie Moss in the early nineties? Would it be worthwhile someone at York Street arranging a collection for him to try and raise some funds?

cookie

• View Profile
Re: Ernie Moss
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »
Lovely bloke and what a professional he was, fit as a fiddle even into his forties, I was knackered just doing his warm ups before the game. I will look into it.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
No form of dementia is great clearly, but Pick's disease can be a bit of a nasty one.

The fronto-temporal lobe of the brain (as mentioned in the linked Daily Mail article) is the part that controls our inhibitions - if is damaged then people can do all sorts of things they wouldn't have done in a pre-morbid state...

feelinblue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:23am pete84 said:
hi all just to update you all i have been in touch with ernie moss family and they will be visiting the game vs stockport county this coming saturday as guests of honour,we all know what a great man ernie was at his time at gainsborough trinity not just manager but a true gentleman,it will be great to see ernie back and its our chance to show our support to ernie and his family and also raise awareness of the illness,lets make it a day to remember for them all,utb housh

Brilliant gesture, well done to all involved. Although I do not know Ernie personally, I have stood very close on many occasions on the terrace of the old Caldicott stand, and admired the man and how he went about his work. His teams gave me a great amount of pleasure and pride. I look forward to Saturday even more now  :)