Author Topic: O/T Ched Evans  (Read 9199 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
O/T Ched Evans
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
Should he be allowed to get on with his career?  Or should he be made to give up his career?  The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T Ched Evans
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:38:52 PM »
 I think he served his time for the crime (which he still hasn't admitted to )so should be allowed back to work . Lee Hughes killed someone but returned to football . That's just my opinion .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
Agree with Deano.

black n yella

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »
Just to play devils advocate here. Say the case review finds Evans innocent, would clubs still feel uneasy about the stigma of a player being accused of such a crime. As much as I want to believe a court of law has rightly proved a man guilty of a crime I can't help but feel there might be more to this story than what's in the public domain.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:50:10 PM »
What ever next? Fraudsters, blackmailers and horse killers as role models? Oh yes, because if they've done the time that makes it ok.  :police: Great yardstick. Football has lost its soul.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what the media reaction is as the Prince Andrew stories really start to come out....

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:11 AM »
EVANS should be sent to the out back. somewhere like K/LYNN were he would have to get a job to make his wage's up.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 10:13:11 AM »
It'll be interesting to see what the media reaction is as the Prince Andrew stories really start to come out....

I had the very same thoughts Pat. This could be the start of another Annus Horribilis for the royals.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »
I think it's fair to say the prince Andrew thing will be covered up in ways we can't imagine.
As for ched. No. He should never play again whilst his conviction stands. Despite his appeal he is currently a convicted sexual offender.
its easy to sit here and say that he has done his time etc, but ask yourself this.
If he had been convicted of raping your daughter or wife would you be happy with him wearing a bufc shirt?
Football needs cleaning up. Look at the trouble Ashley dimms caused whilst he was here. Two prison spells and still a crook.
anyone following his twatter will see constant abuse of bufc yet 99% of the pictures he posts feature him in a boston shirt.
makes you think.....
TS

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »
Good article in the Daily Express yesterday (Tuesday) about Evans and three or four other footballers who have been in prison

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
Horse Killer hadn't done his time he was still doing it!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 05:08:09 PM »
Horse Killer hadn't done his time he was still doing it!
Wesley's main crime was stealing from ATMs... the horse-killing only added 4 months!

But then again, Ched Evans is out on license... effectively on day release for 24 hours a day, everyday.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

black n yella

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 06:37:42 PM »
The godfather did do a bloody good job painting all those yellow metal posts on the terraces. A good bit of community service there if you ask me.

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 06:49:18 PM »
didn't Craig Charles get convicted of rape yet after he returned from jail he went on to do red dwarf and then eastenders all on tv. so if he can perform on a tv show watched by millions of women why can ched evans not be allowed to return to footie.

double standards by british press and public on that issue

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
Craig Charles was cleared of rape...

He did Red Dwarf, Robot Wars and then (currently) Coronation Street.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/