Author Topic: O/T Ched Evans  (Read 9227 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T Ched Evans
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 09:29:23 PM »
The main issue about Evans is the fact that he shows no remorse for the female in question and also he and his brother knew she was drunk (she fell down twice on way to hotel) yet they still tried to video it and were going to make money out of it... He seems to say she was "asking for it",that is what I read anyway....  Just because a woman is drunk it doesn't make her an easy target..
Plus he and his brother took it in turns all night with said female.yet they still say she asked for it...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:51:44 PM by Crazy Neil »

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 12:13:38 AM »
I think that we may be getting into deep water here. As has been said earlier, Craig Charles was acquitted by a court of law and Prince Andrew has not been charged of any offence in any country. I am not aware that any such charge is planned or likely to be brought. There are laws of libel and posters on this site need to be aware that the law extends to web sites as well as the printed media. As Evans is at present convicted, one may assume that it is safe to make references to his behaviour, personality and character, but if subsequent action in the courts reverse the verdict, then the risk is of a similar nature. Please be careful what you post.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:28 AM »
The main issue about Evans is the fact that he shows no remorse for the female in question and also he and his brother knew she was drunk (she fell down twice on way to hotel) yet they still tried to video it and were going to make money out of it... He seems to say she was "asking for it",that is what I read anyway....  Just because a woman is drunk it doesn't make her an easy target..
Plus he and his brother took it in turns all night with said female.yet they still say she asked for it...
Not really followed case, but if his brother was with him did he get sent down as well? If not why not?

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
I know it's probably a little biased but there's some interesting points on the Ched Evans website

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »
I think that we may be getting into deep water here. As has been said earlier, Craig Charles was acquitted by a court of law and Prince Andrew has not been charged of any offence in any country. I am not aware that any such charge is planned or likely to be brought. There are laws of libel and posters on this site need to be aware that the law extends to web sites as well as the printed media. As Evans is at present convicted, one may assume that it is safe to make references to his behaviour, personality and character, but if subsequent action in the courts reverse the verdict, then the risk is of a similar nature. Please be careful what you post.

I agree to a point, but is anyone in the Ched Evans camp really going to be looking at comments posted on a Boston United messageboard? Some of those posting in the "Ched Evans Oh No" thread on the Oldham Athletic forum will need to be careful, though with 128 pages on that thread I doubt anyone has read it from start to finish.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
Better safe than sorry. If users' personal Twitter accounts can see them charged for racial abuse, etc, then I'm sure a website forum can also be under the radar.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 01:05:55 PM »
Ched Evans has not served his 'time' or punishment as yet for the CONVICTION. We are innocent until proven guilty. He has been weighed....measured....and found wanting. He should not be considered 'rehabilitated'....pathetic word used casually I know....but.....he could be in prison still....but for 'the system' and it's machinations. I appreciate he has an appeal too. The wise move...for him....and his advisors....would have been to wait until the appeal had run its course. Then....he can be re-judged by 'the people'. As it is an 'unknown' at present.....any football club inviting him in is asking for....well....???? a HUUUGE question mark! I wouldn't have him our end because of those reasons. Malc Mackie and Ronnie have done the same.....jumped in 'clueless'. I told Ronnie that the day he announced Malcies arrival....I wos there!! He has in ways accepted he was 'hasty' which l;ead to his hasty defence of....of.....sh*te.

I remember Kenny Dalglish saying 'I was told they was gonna shake hands'.........WOOOOT???? You mean you never actually spoke to YOUR man and dealt with the responsibility to do right in the eyes of the Nation Kenny??? Incredible...yet I know the 'industry' is full of sh*te. That's why 'they' keep me away. Full of wannabee 'gangsters' and laaaads who tbh....wouldn't make any of my 'teams'.....in the real world!x It's why i've 'survived' 9 Chairmen and 4 complete new Boards in 14 years of 'activeness' on behalf of the fans and Community! Not 1 has had a solid base or sincere intentions....so I remove them...when necessary and pert!!!x If they are the decision makers on morality and ethic......then folks....ure gonna get sh*te.....X
I ain't got time for messin' wiv em.....low life....pi** takers of 'the people'.......they get sorted.....and no 'official' title required by me ever......amazing.....but true!!!!x It's kept us going....is all I can say!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30709703

Blackpool owner Owen Oyston and chairman Karl Oyston have begun legal action against a fan who posted about them on an internet forum.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/