Author Topic: We won  (Read 7159 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
We won
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »
You can tell we won  ;)

Good performance against a poor Colwyn Bay team, but we were pretty ruthless and scored some good goals.

Walker was the standout of the 3 newbies, scoring twice, and showing he can play on both wings. Nice to see Newsham still has the scoring touch.

No game for 13 days now...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: We won
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »
Looked like our midfield and strikers enjoyed the fog and frosty conditions. The new lads looked like decent additions, and we didn't miss Dixon in midfield,  although against better opposition we might of.
A great start to the New Year!

black n yella

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:51:17 PM »
A decent result today with a little bit of help for our second and third goals from the generous visitors. Colwyn were no great shakes but we dealt with them with composure and played some nice attacking football in terrible conditions. My only concern all game was the possibility of the game being abandoned due to the fog but thankfully that never happened.

Only goal difference now stops us from being in fifth place. It's a crazy league this season. There's some challenging games ahead of us now but hopefully we can pick up a enough points in order to remain in contention for a play off place. We do desperately need to start playing with some consistency and put some back to back victories together in order to keep the dream alive.

Keep up the good work team
UTP

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »
I had to miss my first game of the season today after picking up the Lowestoft Lurgie on New Year's Day. Listening to the commentary on Endeavour Radio it sounded like we were well on top, though a big frustration was that the commentators didn't't really describe the goals as they couldn't see through the fog. For a couple of our goals they didn't even know who had scored! Can anyone who was at the game post a description of the goals, please?

As an aside, will the commentary  position be near the halfway line in the New stadium?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:07:01 PM by leicester pilgrim »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »
The first goal, Newsham played in Walker, who rounded the keeper and scored.
The second goal was an OG by a defender at the far post after Piergianni flicked on a cross.
Newsham was then put through (although the defender missed his clearance) and smashed past the keeper.
Southwell was put through on goal by Jones, and slid the ball past the keeper.
Walker then finished after a disguised low free kick.

There will always be highlights online tomorrow...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »
Gainsborough didn't want Roberts and lost today
DG did want him and we win 5-0

Thought it was a really good TEAM performance today.
Glad I didnt have to pick mom.

Crowd was disappointing.although Town End were in good voice.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 07:39:24 PM »
I may be slated, but I thought Roberts played as well, if not better than Dixon at times, and Walker, what can I say - three goals in two games, if he keeps that up someone will be coming in for him.   A good game in poor conditions, and I thought, for once, well refereed!!!!!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 07:40:50 PM »
Thought Roberts should have got MOM. Frank Sinclair sat near us in the stand. He would have played had he not been suspended !

TEP

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »
Agree with comments regarding Roberts, looks a quality signing, passes the ball really well and gets stuck in. Great replacement for Dixon. Simmons and walker both impressed me aswell.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »
Does seem strange that Roberts can't get in an ailing Gainsborough side but is an instant hit her.
Maybe DG management skills are better than those of Housham? :)
Forgot to mention the ref who did have a good game. No silly bookings or silly decisions

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 08:34:37 PM »
Is it true that Sinclair has now resigned?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 08:35:46 PM »
Good team performance today.
Dixon had next to nothing to do today.
Steer was solid at the back and involved in attacks.
Marrs shows obvious quality but worries me at times. He has gifted Lowestoft and Ferriby goals in recent games and Colwyn Bay nearly got through twice from his side but were pulled back and given close offside calls. Overall plays well but seems to switch off at important times.
Pidge and Mills worked well and started good moves off from the back instead of going long everytime.
Garner was superb and really looks at home in the middle.
Roberts is much bigger than some of the other center mid's we have had but still has plenty of energy, picked the ball up in decent areas and kept the ball moving.
Felix was his usual menace, had a hard job first half as the pitch wasn't great today down the right hand side.
Newsham has been back to his superb best, such an intelligent footballer and hasn't lost his knack in front of goal.
Simmons showed plenty of energy but looked a little out of his depth, could improve with time and certainly a good option from the bench.
Walker was a class above. Clear MOM for me, put in good crosses, tracked back, cut inside and created chances, and scored two well taken goals.

Southwell was the pick of the subs who was like a dog with a bone. Scored the goal of the game with a perfectly placed goal.

Those mentioning Gainsborough - Housham slagged his players off for their lack of commitment, attitude and fitness on the radio tonight; all qualities which should be installed by the manager in my opinion, maybe he should look a little closer to home? Could also explain why Roberts performs in  a play off chasing side but not a relegation threatend side?
442 suits us well in my opinion. Have looked good since switched formation against Hyde back in October, although have't always got the results.

After the eight goal thriller boxing day attendance today was shocking today from the Boston public. Whilst it has been an expensive time of year for all the town need to support the club 900 for a league game is poor. Not quite sure what the answer is, maybe get local business/ schools more involved?

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »
Agree about the ref. Let the game flow with no "I'm in charge" attitude.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:10:01 PM »
Is it true that Sinclair has now resigned?

Apparently he has according to his twitter feed @FrankMSinclair

"Resigning as Manager of @ColwynBayFC was the hardest decision of my career, but for the future of the club was the best thing to do."

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »
Don't think I've ever seen us camp into the oppositions half for so long.  Our full backs were picking up loose balls in their half and driving forward.

I was a good performance granted, but Clown Bay were terrible today, they just couldn't get out.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.