Author Topic: New Defender??  (Read 7017 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Defender??
« on: January 02, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
According to dens interview on official site we are signing a new centre back from Sunderland on loan?  Is that a position we really need to strengthen?

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Defender??
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
According to dens interview on official site we are signing a new centre back from Sunderland on loan?  Is that a position we really need to strengthen?

YES WE DO. Preferably over five feet tall , and with some league experience .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
Galinski is reported to have signed a contract with Stalybridge .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
Galinski is reported to have signed a contract with Stalybridge .
Are they paying a transfer fee? He's under contract with us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »
Zak Mills more forward. (save him going so far for throw ins)
Garner in midfield means Pidge needs a mate.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
What's the loan limit?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 06:53:27 PM »
I don't get this at all, its almost as though there is an obligation to take Sunderland loanees.
Why do we need a centre half. We already have a very decent one in SG. Though its not as absurd as playing him up front, why when, certainly numbers wise we are spoilt for midfield options Dennis seems hell bent converting him to something hr isn't I don't know but would much rather have nabbed a quick centre forward for a month or so.....wouldn't you?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »
Zak Mills more forward. (save him going so far for throw ins)
Garner in midfield means Pidge needs a mate.
Mills has added pace to our defence, and Garner is doing well in midfield. The issue is that if we lose Mills or Pidge to injury/suspension then Garner has to move back

I don't get this at all, its almost as though there is an obligation to take Sunderland loanees.
What's the problem? The players we've had from them have been good so far, and they are free.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 07:12:26 PM »
We've got Alex Simmons on loan, so with Southwell,  Jones, and Newsham maybe Den thinks we're   covered in that department. There's always Cruyff waiting for his chance to go up front  ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
We've got Alex Simmons on loan, so with Southwell,  Jones, and Newsham maybe Den thinks we're   covered in that department. There's always Cruyff waiting for his chance to go up front  ;)

Not as well covered as Stamford !!!  they could afford to leave Charley Sanders on the bench yesterday . :blank:

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
As good as the Sunderland lads are. They are only short term solutions,  personally I would like to see some permanent signings. Not a fan of too many loan players if they do well we end up losing them to higher division as we have Kyle Dixon and also Joel Dixon after Sunday's game.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »
Permanent signings would be on more ££  (I'm guessing)
If DG has a good contact at a PREM side isn't that good?
Can't recall too many prem juniors here in the past (apart from the whole Man U team a few yrs back)

I've never got why we don't pick up fringe lads from Peterborough, surely they must have a few looking for first team games?

Hey ho, who would be a football team manager?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »
All the loans from Sunderland & Notts over the last 2 seasons have had a better attitude and ability than many of the contracted mercenaries we have had over the years .   
A good old pro to direct operations on the field is what I would like to see .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
Agree we have had some excellent loans from them 2 clubs and it's good to have them contacts but just frustrating as they are only short term solutions.

Odin

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 10:51:15 PM »
Is there a limit to the number of loaners a club can have at one time, I hope so otherwise the club may have to change it's name to Other Clubs United. Seriously though is there a limit ?
I noticed in Mr Newtons Xmas message that he says DG does keep him informed of the reasons for his tactics and team selections and Mr Newton trusts him. I'm sorry but he has made some rediculous substitutions during play, does not seem to know how to change our method of play to counteract opposition change of tactics. I'm sorry but I think he lets the players down sometimes rather than the players letting him down.
12th in league at end of season, as soon as any chance of playoff position disappears attendances will drop and therefor income will drop. We need to see more wins than draws and losses.