Author Topic: Managers Interveiw  (Read 5726 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Managers Interveiw
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »
A very honest interveiw from Rob Scott on the O/S. He is not a happy Bunny a few changes for Tuesday methinks, he wasn't impressed with MS think he will be gone this week.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Managers Interveiw
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:29:18 PM »
To right Tash. I'd say a few of them will be looking over their shoulders.

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
A very honest interveiw from Rob Scott on the O/S. He is not a happy Bunny a few changes for Tuesday methinks, he wasn't impressed with MS think he will be gone this week.

It appears from the last two fixtures that the only substitutions that were made were
 in the forward line department, like for like personel with little reward. It must be so very
 frustrating for players who occupy the bench then asked to come on for only a few mins
 of playing time and try and change the outcome of any game. Scott's interview on the
 O/S suggests that Davidson could be a doubt for the replay but given consideration to
 views over Mikel's performance i think Danny would start but does that then lead to
 Newsham being replaced by SWD a player whom i don't think is fit but like other lads
 on the bench need game time and more than is being offered at the moment.

IMO Managers Scott and Hurst have had issues with the forward line department from
 day one of the campaign,swopping and changing personel nearly every other game
 cannot bode for good understanding or relationships. A league run of good results of
 late has steaded things up top with obvious exception to the last two games, so do they
 persevere or try something else ? looks a little thin on the ground with players not 100%
 fit, underacheiving or out on loan.

Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »
Do we struggle to score our chances because they seem to be snapshots, where there is little time to think? Only Yates, and the full backs at times, give us width, so we don't spread the oppostion defence out for players like Sleath to run onto a through ball..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:16 AM »
I like the managers, none of this making excuses for the lads and saying they are happy with whatever they can think of. They come out and when they are pissed off they let you know, so I imagine they let the players know also, which is exactky how it should be! A few ruthless changes for under-performers will soon have the lads looking over their shoulders! Good management style, not accepting anything but the standard they set. If you not up to standard, then ship out!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 05:39:59 AM »
I like the managers, none of this making excuses for the lads and saying they are happy with whatever they can think of. They come out and when they are pissed off they let you know, so I imagine they let the players know also, which is exactky how it should be! A few ruthless changes for under-performers will soon have the lads looking over their shoulders! Good management style, not accepting anything but the standard they set. If you not up to standard, then ship out!

Only works if alternatives are available, if we are going with what we have then it isn't the greatest of motivation techniques.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »
I think one of our best strikers is out on loan at the moment, cant we swap him with Mikel

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:57:51 AM »
Still think we need someone with skill and experience in midfield.  Someone to control the centre of the pitch and deliver decent balls up front. 

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »
  I think it is said to get a  promotion U need 3 players who are a cut above the rest ..
  Do we have those 3 yet ?
  Discuss ..

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »
  I think it is said to get a  promotion U need 3 players who are a cut above the rest ..
  Do we have those 3 yet ?
  Discuss ..

I believe Church and Sleath are one of the best midfield parings ive seen this season.

However our talent lies in our 2 centre backs, especially Pearson

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »
  Do we have those 3 yet ?
  Discuss ..

I believe Church and Sleath are one of the best midfield parings ive seen this season.

However our talent lies in our 2 centre backs, especially Pearson

Church and Sleath played regular as a pair last season so should know how each other
 TICK but at times even though they are very industrious in the middle of the park their
 final ball can be non existant.
 Shaun and Canners are immense, the master and the apprentice in there with Shaun
 being a very quick learner. Things are doing alright with the squad but there is some
 issues that still require addressing and tweaking, but i am confident it will work out long
 term.

Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.