Author Topic: Today's game at Barrow  (Read 12238 times)

Odin

Re: Today's game at Barrow
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 04:57:54 PM »
Bloody idiot in black, again. His name is Hudson, will remember him.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »
Looks like Den has an excuse then!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
Even the two guys on radio Cumbria said no way was it a penalty.. :xmashat
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

black n yella

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »
You only have to read the Barrow forum and the many comments by their fans saying how fortunate they were to be gifted a penalty. Too often the phrase unlucky is used in football but we were indeed unlucky to be beaten today and the primary cause, an inept official. While a draw would of been a decent result for us, it's unfortunately added to several disappointing results of late.

I think we'll win the odd game here and there but we're stuck with the squad and management we have and must accept it's highly doubtful we'll make a challenge for the playoffs this season, given the inconsistent performances and lack of depth in the squad. We've a modest budget and it shows, maybe next season whoever's in charge will be more successful. All we can do is back the team and hope for the best.

Merry Christmas  :santa

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
You only have to read the Barrow forum and the many comments by their fans saying how fortunate they were to be gifted a penalty. Too often the phrase unlucky is used in football but we were indeed unlucky to be beaten today and the primary cause, an inept official. While a draw would of been a decent result for us, it's unfortunately added to several disappointing results of late.

I think we'll win the odd game here and there but we're stuck with the squad and management we have and must accept it's highly doubtful we'll make a challenge for the playoffs this season, given the inconsistent performances and lack of depth in the squad. We've a modest budget and it shows, maybe next season whoever's in charge will be more successful. All we can do is back the team and hope for the best.

Merry Christmas  :santa

Im afraid that will be the case, our budget as been the same for a few years, Wages increase 6 or 7 teams maybe more budget a few grand more than us, a few lift it by a few hundred a season to account for this other drop, TBH i think our league is about right maybe a place or to above the budget level

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 10:08:55 PM »
Why oh why do we always seem to come unstuck in the final minutes AFTER DG has brought on the substitutes? Is there something wrong with these tactics? Do we practise taking long shots at goal for ten minutes like Fylde seem to do before every home match? They (Fylde) have scored many of their goals from outside the area whereas we try to score inside the goal area without much success recently.
Comments please!

petertaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »
We were unlucky to lose in the manner we did today. The team battled very hard and Joel was
Magnificent in goal. Can anyone explain to me how a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge can
Result in a penalty being awarded when it is not a foul anywhere else on the pitch?
Ridiculous decision!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 12:12:50 AM »
Why oh why do we always seem to come unstuck in the final minutes AFTER DG has brought on the substitutes?
The 'foul' was committed by Piergianni. What was wrong with the subs today?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »
Why oh why do we always seem to come unstuck in the final minutes AFTER DG has brought on the substitutes?

Generally, substitutions weaken a team.  Otherwise they would be starting as the stronger of the players.

They can be used to chase a game or see it out, however if all you are doing is adding fresh legs, you'll generally be taking a risk to try and keep things as they are.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 02:38:04 PM »

Generally, substitutions weaken a team.  Otherwise they would be starting as the stronger of the players.

They can be used to chase a game or see it out, however if all you are doing is adding fresh legs, you'll generally be taking a risk to try and keep things as they are.

Problem is with out team is we still have a few players not 100% fit so we have to change players to keep 11 active players on the pitch. as you rightly say this only weekens the team but its a catch 22

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »

Problem is with out team is we still have a few players not 100% fit so we have to change players to keep 11 active players on the pitch. as you rightly say this only weekens the team but its a catch 22
[/quote]

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wE6rzRCMXw

Highlights, including the 'penalty'
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
The real problem is the crap refs. They decide the outcome of the game. They can end up booking players because they don't control the players at the outset. Some are so bad that the only reason for their ineptitude is being on the take. That bloke yesterday should be deported. The FA just tell em to laugh if they get abuse instead of analysing WHY they are getting the abuse. If you lead with your chin you get a punch on it.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 06:39:55 PM »
We were unlucky to lose in the manner we did today. The team battled very hard and Joel was
Magnificent in goal. Can anyone explain to me how a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge can
Result in a penalty being awarded when it is not a foul anywhere else on the pitch?
Ridiculous decision!!

Mmmmmmm Tuesday night I was near the snack bar area when Jones was shoved in the back in front of the linesman,blatant foul but lino said "fair shoulder barge player" yet yesterday it is given as a foul..... Bloody officials don't seem to know the rules from one game to the next..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 07:19:42 PM »
More a shoulder in the back of the forward shielding the ball .  I think most refs would have given that .