Author Topic: Tuesday night.  (Read 12489 times)

spannerman

• View Profile
Re: Tuesday night.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 09:59:04 PM »
Could not go tonight as other things arranged was quite p----d of that could not go now quite pleased I didn't .
Sounds like another season with not a lot to play for unless we can turn all the draws we have had to wins it will
be a mid table finish . We just seem to be lacking that killer finish lots of huff with no puff . :-\

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 10:01:27 PM »
Poor poor football result. Feel sorry for the Boston fans who turned up expecting a victory. When is this club going to have a good Cup run? Whole playing season now depends on the Play Offs which surely we will be in - won't we?. However, let us not forget, the main priority for this season was The Quadrant.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:05 PM »
Just got back. Where to start.

From start to finish we was awful far to many long balls to nobody, Midfield seemed to be having a early christmas, Both there goals was school boy defending although you could credit the last one as us leaving gaps due to pushing up, The long throw only works when mixed instead of using it all the time. We are far to easy to defend against as tonight it was long ball to Jones or out to felix leaving Tempest in miles of space all night but not using him. Have to say as the game went on i feared Green had no idea how to change it.

As for the Clown and NFU players go well its best put the only thing that the NFU players did not kick,push,punch and stamp on was the clown in the middle.

Im off to watch rugby at the weekend after watching NFU its a tamer game

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 10:29:50 PM »
 The Club may as well be back in the  Unibond  .
  Out the cups as I thought they would , they do not appear to have team to fear in this tough League .
       Not a fan of Greene .

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 10:40:41 PM »
Impressed with steer , Felix  and Dixon . Not much else to enthuse about

Odin

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 10:41:36 PM »
Useless. Pathetic. No idea. Clueless. Should be arrested for obtaining money by deception. Inept. ***king crap. Well that's enough about the Clown with the whistle.
Boston were so predictable. At half time you just knew they were going to win because it didn't look like we were going to score any goals. In my view DG has found his level of management, just outside the playoffs but not in the bottom half.
Ferriby may have won but they are so crap, even with loadsa shopkeepers money they were poor, we gave them their first goal and they got the second because we were desperately trying to get an equaliser and throwing men forwards.
Season over, over Xmas I will be away and will be watching Fylde, was going to drive up to Barrow and watch Boston play them but won't bother now.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »
1 win in 7!!! I know there is several draws but draws wont win you the league!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »
Some fair points made. Ref was poor, we created little, individual mistake from Marrs (happens to all players) cost us a tight game. We haven't scored enough in recent games - hopefully having Newsham and Southwell fit can get the goals.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 12:49:03 AM »
Still unsure as to how Jones was penalised for being tripped by Hone inside the area, in a very similar manner to Saturday...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

HAMMER PILGRIM

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 12:56:24 AM »
Gutted tonight, 2 tough games small margins. Shall we play like ferriby and be happy. No win I guess. Crap game no chances either side really. Looks to me same side and tactics to chorley away a fulde home but as we lose its poor. Hey ho sack the manager.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
Gutted tonight, 2 tough games small margins. Shall we play like ferriby and be happy. No win I guess. Crap game no chances either side really. Looks to me same side and tactics to chorley away a fulde home but as we lose its poor. Hey ho sack the manager.

Alright Den.  ;)

black n yella

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »
Another 90 mins of abject misery for those of us who decided to blindly support the blind. You can blame the ref, the naughty opposition for sticking to a game plan but it's plain to see we're no promotion chasing team. I don't care what anyone says in defence of the team, it's not good enough and some on here will defend poor performances till they get an award from Mr.Newton for being prize lick arses but it's time for a reality check. Whether it's the fault of the manager for bringing in the wrong players or whether it's down to budget restraints I'm not entirely sure.

I wonder why the club insist that it's our goal to reach the playoffs when clearly we haven't the tools needed to achieve such an target. If the chairman isn't prepared to invest more in players wages, which he's perfectly entitled not to, this is the kind of team we'll realistically be stuck with. Maybe it's more important for the club to focus on reducing debts and becoming self sufficient rather than splashing the cash like last nights opponents. The recent poor displays have certainly had an impact on attendances which raises the question, should the chairman speculate to accumulate ? Does he go for slightly better players in the hope of reaching the playoffs / attracting bigger gates or do we carry on with a modest budget and have a flutter with success every now and again. I can see pros and cons to both arguments. Surely in my opinion it would be more sensible if the club said we've a tight budget, we're trying to reduce the deficit and we've got to live within our means. I'm sure fans would totally respect that, as did the Gainsborough fans when their club announced such a plan.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »
Another 90 mins of abject misery for those of us who decided to blindly support the blind. You can blame the ref, the naughty opposition for sticking to a game plan but it's plain to see we're no promotion chasing team. I don't care what anyone says in defence of the team, it's not good enough and some on here will defend poor performances till they get an award from Mr.Newton for being prize lick arses but it's time for a reality check. Whether it's the fault of the manager for bringing in the wrong players or whether it's down to budget restraints I'm not entirely sure.

I wonder why the club insist that it's our goal to reach the playoffs when clearly we haven't the tools needed to achieve such an target. If the chairman isn't prepared to invest more in players wages, which he's perfectly entitled not to, this is the kind of team we'll realistically be stuck with. Maybe it's more important for the club to focus on reducing debts and becoming self sufficient rather than splashing the cash like last nights opponents. The recent poor displays have certainly had an impact on attendances which raises the question, should the chairman speculate to accumulate ? Does he go for slightly better players in the hope of reaching the playoffs / attracting bigger gates or do we carry on with a modest budget and have a flutter with success every now and again. I can see pros and cons to both arguments. Surely in my opinion it would be more sensible if the club said we've a tight budget, we're trying to reduce the deficit and we've got to live within our means. I'm sure fans would totally respect that, as did the Gainsborough fans when their club announced such a plan.

Newton has said many times the club is trying to reduce the deficit etc , etc .    Total respect to him for that .
"speculate to accumulate "    a suggestion made on many fans forums ,  many like us in the past have "speculated" and finished up with crap players and "accumulated" huge debts .

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »
The club have said on numerous occasions that the aim is to reduce the debt and try and remain as competitive as possible on a tight budget and simply cannot afford (or be stupid enough) to spend money blindly on more expensive players. The rent is the reason given for why we cannot afford to match others in this league wages wise and we have been offered a solution in building a new stadium.

Whilst it is frustrating losing to the likes of NFU as long as the chairman is moving the club in the right direction, the manager gets the best value possible for the budget we have, we don't see a brand of "football" like NFU play and Drury wanted us to, we remain competitive and the players give their all I ain't complaining.

Call that blind loyalty if you like but I don't think we can expect much more.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
I think your right Carl. As a true fan I'll support in the club week in week out as I know that the chairman is doing things properly by building a sustainable future for our club. We can't just splash silly money on wages  as we simply don't have it and those clubs that are spending beyond there means are unsustainable and it won't last. I really hope the new stadium happens soon so we can really start to compete and progress but it must be done in a sustainable way. We need to be patient and realistic and continue to support the club.