Author Topic: Ferriby  (Read 10038 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Ferriby
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 09:40:42 AM »
Have to congratulate Dennis for fielding a strong team yesterday as most clubs tend to play a 2nd XI in this competition. Hope we pick our strongest side again for Tuesday. We could go on an win this Trophy as all the Conference Premier teams seem to hate and disrespect it and can't wait to be eliminated!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
The conference teams got pathetic crowds compared to what they usually get (most less than half their league crowds). Only 300 at Nuneaton, 500 at Forest Green and Gateshead,,, they don't give a toss.
It's almost an open goal to us to go on a run and put some wins together.
Missed opportunity yesterday- really should've seen that one out but a great penalty save kept them in it and it only took one ball to fall for them and it did

black n yella

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »
We're struggling to attract 1000 to league games at present. I doubt many will be interested in turning up Tuesday night.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
We're struggling to attract 1000 to league games at present. I doubt many will be interested in turning up Tuesday night.
That will be a shame, but I fear you may be correct.
It's going to be a cold evening but hopefully the action on the pitch will be warming!

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »
we was at the game on Saturday well supported by Boston Utd supporters, United had the better of the game.     But the public address system was so poor as well as no music before the start of the game or at half time and the atmosphere by NF was poor too

Odin

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 05:49:38 PM »
Our home form lets us down but it will be worth turning out just to see NF get beaten by Boston United, a club with loads of dosh to throw around against a club on a tight budget, so we are regularly told. All that money to throw away just like Barrow, but producing little. Must be the managers fault for spending it on dross.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Barrow lost to third bottom Gloucester yesterday in the league.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:05:50 PM by howmanynames2pick »

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 07:48:35 AM »
Ferriby only play one way and that is physically direct and when you consider how they not bullied but certainly out muscled us last year, to not let that happen at the weekend is a plus in its own.
A decent enough performance and probably a fair result but can someone, anyone tell me what or who gave SG the green light to take the penalty?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Newsh says he had just took a blow to his left knee, so wasn't confident of being able to plant it down properly to take iy. Nobody else wanted it, so Garner as captain, stepped up. It wasn't a bad penalty, but an incredible save onto the bar.

Reminded me of Lewis King's penalty save at Guiseley last season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 11:46:26 AM »
Ferriby only play one way and that is physically direct and when you consider how they not bullied but certainly out muscled us last year, to not let that happen at the weekend is a plus in its own.
A decent enough performance and probably a fair result but can someone, anyone tell me what or who gave SG the green light to take the penalty?

Looks as though we need to get some one with hindsight !!!!!!! ::)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »

They do say it's a wonderful thing ghm ;) ;)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tomgraves

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
Hyde at home for the winners... could be a great chance to get to the 3rd round.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »

They do say it's a wonderful thing ghm ;) ;)
[/quot

Damn and blast especially as i have said all along what a great striker scotty would make. X