Author Topic: The most one sided draw?  (Read 11755 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The most one sided draw?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
THAT'S going a bit to far (oxo) to say he's a silly girl.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 10:27:31 AM »
I'm sure he was referring to you, and I agree with him!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
Jones is a goal of been as good as he ever has been, since he came back we have been able to hold the ball better. Earlier in the season we just hammered the ball up the field just for it to come straight back but least we now have a hold to bring others in. Have to agree i didnt see anything from any of the 3 replacements to keep them. And echo others its good to see Newsham back doing what he does best

black n yella

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 02:23:27 PM »
This apart Brackley offered nothing and were a poor side being kept in the game by the clown in black who was woeful.

With respect Carl why did Brackley need to offer much ? They scored an easy goal from an amateurish bit of defending and for the rest of the first half all we did was uff and puff without creating anything notable in terms of goal scoring opportunities.  It was very much the same second half until Newsham and McGee came on. They linked up well and showed what we're missing from our game. Up until we equalised can you really bemoan Brackley for sitting on 0-1 advantage away from home given their poor form. The impetuous should of been with us to break then down and attack them meaningfully which for most of season we've struggled to do against weaker teams. Yesterday highlighted that with a few injuries / suspensions our squad seriously lacks depth and beyond our best 11 we aren't capable of getting them much needed points to reach the play offs. Yes the ref should of had a word in the first half about their time wasting and possibly cautioned in the second half but in no way did that result in us getting a draw with a mediocre team. Yesterday really did feel like two points dropped.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 09:03:31 PM »

Yes the ref should of had a word in the first half about their time wasting and possibly cautioned in the second half but in no way did that result in us getting a draw with a mediocre team.

I disagree.  It did have an affect on the game and more to the point the result. The game was that stop and start that even the great Barca wouldn't have been able to get into top gear.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 10:35:47 PM »
Thought the goal we gave away from a corner yesterday was woeful when I saw it happen live, but after watching the video of it I've changed my mind.........It was far worse than that!  Too many goals against us this season have been from corners, so work on it DG.
United we stand..................

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »
Its why i had it down for a 1-1. Brackley are not quite the mugs they were of a couple if months ago and without certain key players i always  thought it was going to be a bit tough.
Don't think the ref is to blame either and yes whilst Jones is quite decent in holding the ball up. Forwards need to score and he never really looks like he is going to!

Please hurry up and prove me wrong!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »
Hard to cope with the spate of injuries. Southwell and Tempest have been first choice up front and left wing and their replacements Newsh and McGhee weren't fit enough to start the game. Thomas looked well off the pace and Fallah has the style but not the substance. Hopefully Tempest's injury isn't a bad one and we have more options with Garner back and Newsham and McGhee hopefully now fit enough to start games.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
Hard to cope with the spate of injuries. Southwell and Tempest have been first choice up front and left wing and their replacements Newsh and McGhee weren't fit enough to start the game. Thomas looked well off the pace and Fallah has the style but not the substance. Hopefully Tempest's injury isn't a bad one and we have more options with Garner back and Newsham and McGhee hopefully now fit enough to start games.
If it was FB I'd click Like

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 03:54:24 PM »
Its why i had it down for a 1-1. Brackley are not quite the mugs they were of a couple if months ago and without certain key players i always  thought it was going to be a bit tough.
Please hurry up and prove me wrong!

I thought you went for a 1 - 0 win  :-\

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 04:56:57 PM »
You had me at it so went and checked, what is Brackley :Art? :-\

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »
You got a point in the prediction league for  'BUFC 1 v Workington ATT 812'    :-X
Taken as a 1 - 0 win  :dan

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
Thats cruel......skullduggery is afoot here me thinks, that said they do say though its tough at the top ;D