Author Topic: Would The Real Boston United Please Stand Up  (Read 11876 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Would The Real Boston United Please Stand Up
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 09:56:39 PM »
Evans was rightly MOM ,their goalie never had a outstanding save to make , On that basis i think we should be grateful of a draw.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

Did not attend the fixture today and from all accounts what with the traffic problems
  and ultimatley the result probably a home game to miss.From reports on the live
  commentary it appears we did not create alot against our lower division opponents.
  Maybe given consideration to this the Quorn players along with their canny Scottish
  Manager Dougie Keast should bolster some credit into their acheivements of forcing
  the replay at Farley Way on Tuesday evening.

He obviously had some sort of game plan which worked to a degree, it is whether or
  not he can take it one step further and hope his luck holds out against a Boston side
  that should be far stronger physicaly and mentally but Cup competitions throw up all
  sorts of strange results irrespective of league form.
  It will be an interesting replay, the facilities at Quorn are moderate but modern with a
  very good playing surface, it all hinges on whether or not the real Boston Utd turn up.
  Team selection will be interesting unless of course it picks itself ! Scotty and Hursty....
  its over to you.  
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 09:07:29 AM »
Evans was rightly MOM ,their goalie never had a outstanding save to make , On that basis i think we should be grateful of a draw.

Their goalie never had an outstanding save to make but he didn't half make a meal of the two or three shots he had to parry wide.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Chief

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »
I think a little reality check is needed by a few people. Firstly we are still in the draw on Monday and I have no doubt the lads will do the business on Tuesday night. Secondly we are on the money as far as our League position is concerned, fourth with games in hand. May I remind people that this time last year we were at the other end of the table and were just about to lose against our next League opponants North Ferriby United. The players we have are generally okay and will come through. Might need an odd 'tweak' here and there but generally okay.

Seenbetter

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »
MoMfor me was Evans. The defense did well but anyone else further up the pitch than that left their game at home. Usual problem when playing a lower leagued team is the temptation to lower your standard of play down to theirs, but the other team up their game for the pride of winning and I think thats what happened. And how on earth did Suarez manage to stay on the pitch for that long, pointless. It's clear SnH are trying to bring on players by teaching them and improving their game but sometimes you have to get someone else in which another member has said on here. And as for Pratman who sits near us, make up your bloody mind. One minute your shouting at Scott to shut up because he's trying to gee the players up and then when we needed something to change you were shouting at him to "Do something about it" which was what he had been trying to do. Will the real 'Boston United team stand up' comment just about summed it up.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »
Personally im not too bothered if we go out of the Trophy, but it would be nice to get Crawley at home at some point...imagine the abuse!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
Personally im not too bothered if we go out of the Trophy, but it would be nice to get Crawley at home at some point...imagine the abuse!

I wouldnt be attending that game...... I pay to watch the match but i think it would be over shadowed by peoples inability to block out and move on from the past,

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »

I wouldnt be attending that game...... I pay to watch the match but i think it would be over shadowed by peoples inability to block out and move on from the past,

Come on lets face it at the present time Creepy Crawley would pobably beat us  and therefore a pointless waste of an opportunity.  It'll happen one day and after what went before it really does not matter how long it is no one will forget what Evans did and he and is team would be in for some serious abuse.  I'd much rather that opportunity came along when we could all go home with a smug grin and let him walk off to silence cause he's not worth the breath .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »
If anyone thinks the Managers were at all happy with the 'very poor' performance on Saturday, have a listen to Rob Scott's interview!!

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:39 PM »
Sums up pretty much my thinking when i started this thread.Quite rightly the managers are unhappy with the performance.No doubt the happy clappers who thought we played well,or that the Trophy doesn't matter will have a different view though........

Shodfried

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:07 PM »
Lets be honest, Evans will find his true level, and thats a long way below where we are at present.

There's only so many times he can get friends to buy clubs for him or find a bigger crook than himself to employ him.......although I bet Chester looks a good bet if Vaughan wriggles out of this latest mess.

If we can help shove him further down the leagues and further into obscurity I'll be delighted to have seen it.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 10:07:36 AM »
I wasn't at the game and by the sounds of it I didn't miss much. If teams in our own division come to our place and are happy to sit behind the ball a team in a lower division are going to do the same. Not hiding from the fact it is poor that we can't beat a team who are near the bottom of the div below but they would have treated this game as a cup final.

I don't think we should look too much into this one game and we should put it behind us. I'm confident we will beat them on Tuesday as we will be at their place and the onus will be on them to attack more. Boston to win 2-0

Oh and take your chances boys!!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »
I've hung off replying on here until I've calmed down.
But it still the same - - we were awful. I thought the way we destroyed Ashton was a revelation but Saturday was the complete opposite :)
The only positive (if there was one) was there was an aging pro on the pitch seeing his time out and for once he wasnt on our side