Author Topic: Would The Real Boston United Please Stand Up  (Read 11853 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Would The Real Boston United Please Stand Up
« on: October 31, 2009, 05:38:58 PM »
Is it the team that won three and drew one of the first four-or the team that won once in the next eight-or the team that then won five on the bounce before Wednesday-or the team that has put in the last two performances??....................only i'm getting a bit confused.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Would The Real Boston United Please Stand Up
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »
Sorry but that was shocking today. If JJ had took his chance instead of passing we'd now be out on our arses. If the players don't get a tongue lashing they bloddy well should. Ok, they defended in numbers and did a good job too but we seemed lackluster and devoid of all inspiration. Lets hope the Managers sort it out, i can put up with poor shifts in a cup match but not in the league. There we need to be playing well and pushing for top spot.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Dismal, And i payed a tenner to watch it. I really dont know who the idiot is me or the 11 players.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 06:21:31 PM »
 How did Suarez play ?. .
   Is he really worth holding on to ..??

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 06:30:30 PM »
Sorry but that was shocking today. If JJ had took his chance instead of passing we'd now be out on our arses. If the players don't get a tongue lashing they bloddy well should. Ok, they defended in numbers and did a good job too but we seemed lackluster and devoid of all inspiration. Lets hope the Managers sort it out, i can put up with poor shifts in a cup match but not in the league. There we need to be playing well and pushing for top spot.

check the grassy knoll

It doesn't make sense to say we could be out based on a Quorn gilt-edged chance when we had three of them... If Suarez's header had dropped an inch lower, if Churchy hadn't deflected a goal-bond header over in the first half or blasted over in the second then we'd calling it an ugly performance but one that delivered the end result.

I thought it was a very open first half... Second half was flat with just the odd chance.

It's not a problem - just need to do the business on Tuesday (bank an extra few hundred quid) and get back to winning ways ahead of a big league match a week today.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 07:00:36 PM »
Got to agree with OCM, it's hard to know which team is going to turn up. Today was, first 20 minutes apart a continuation of Wednesday's lacklustre performance. In them first 20 minutes we got a lot of space down our right but once they worked this out and tightened up at the back we lacked the guile to open them up, as I said just like Wednesday.

As the game wore on towards the end of the second half they looked the more likely to score. Still ever the optimist we get another crack at it Tuesday and I can't see us turning in another performance like that and I fully expect us to put it right and go through.

One last thing, Spencer Weir Daley, for me having seen 3 substitute appearances have been totally underwhelmed so far and we would be better off getting Jamie Clarke back (who I have always rated anyway).

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
 Wasn,t at the match .. but  One could argue that  a calm seasoned striker may have sealed it this afternoon ..
  I would profer a case for shedding M .Suarez and getting such a player ..

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 07:45:32 PM »
We're not really a cup team are we?

BUT we are not out yet, and its best to get the poor performances out of our system in the cup than in the league when it really matters, because, lets be honest, we arent going to win the FA Trophy, and this year its all about going up

amberexile

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:57:41 PM »
why get rid of suarez he won most if not all his headers and put them in good positions. the only time davidson won 2 headers they both ended up back at our keeper.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »
Suarez did his job, as he always does. It is all about playing to his strengths and not expecting him to take on 5 and ping it in the top corner.

It was weak today, not up to the bar that has been set.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shodfried

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
That replay will probably cost the club a few hundred quid Hilders.......we'll have to either hire a coach or pay out traveling expenses for those who go in their cars......and the gate at Quorn will do well to reach 400 so whatever our share is will be swallowed up.

A result we could have done without, I'd rather we lost and concentrated on the league rather than an expensive replay with the potential for injuries to a small squad and another cup exit to a lower ranked team.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »
That replay will probably cost the club a few hundred quid Hilders.......we'll have to either hire a coach or pay out traveling expenses for those who go in their cars......and the gate at Quorn will do well to reach 400 so whatever our share is will be swallowed up.

A result we could have done without, I'd rather we lost and concentrated on the league rather than an expensive replay with the potential for injuries to a small squad and another cup exit to a lower ranked team.

Along with the cost to Quorn of putting the match on,  our travelling expenses are paid for out the gate receipts, which we then get a 45% share of any profits generated by the match.

I'd prefer us to win on Tuesday but wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't. We could do with recouping some of the money lost through an early Cup exit but the FAT's prize money increases at a painfully slow rate. We should definitely be putting out the youth team for the Godforsaken Unibond Challenge Cup though - Eastwood got away with it last year so I assume it's permissable to do so.

Shodfried

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
Sod the Trophy and Unibond Tinpot Cups, promotion should be the only thing on anyones minds this season.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
I enjoyed the football. We deserved the win but how often does it happen like that in football?
I'm just glad they didn't snatch a last minute victory.
Promotion would be good, but a good Cup run would be just as good IMO.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
I enjoyed the football. We deserved the win but how often does it happen like that in football?
I'm just glad they didn't snatch a last minute victory.
Promotion would be good, but a good Cup run would be just as good IMO.

Staying in the promotion/playoff race is imperative, a little cup run would get the town talking positive things about the club again but we need to be seeing a top five team this year.  We should get our ass out of the Unidump trophy thing as soon as humanly possible.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.