Author Topic: The most one sided draw?  (Read 11762 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The most one sided draw?
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
One shot on goal...one goal for Brackley.,
It's a funny old game Saint

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: The most one sided draw?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:06:42 PM »
I'll let you know when I've defrosted woken up.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
If Jones learnt to head a ball we could have won this won! Shows how weak our squad is with 3 decent players missing.About time  Den to ditch a few players and scout.Get out himself and look for some decent players.
Merry Xmas

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
A really frustrating game. We really need to start turning these draws into wins. We don't look far off being a play off side but need to be beating poor sides like Brackley.  3 key players missing today and that told.  Thomas and fallah not good enough in my opinion.  Worrying thing for me is the attendance??

Odin

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
Ref should be arrested for taking money by deception. There is no way he knows what he's doing. CRAP
Nothing up front. Thomas and Fallah can go and so can Jones.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 07:56:33 PM »
Well that was definatley two points dropped, we HAVE to beat sides like Brackley at home because they were poor.
Boston never really got going first half, missing Garner in the middle, Holingsworth just doesn't make the right decisions with the ball. Jones needs to score asap.
Should have won this game easily.
McGhee looked good as did Newsh. And yes the ref was bloody woeful!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:11:36 PM »
Jone's work rate such as holding the ball up and bringing others into play is right up there with the best in this division so not sure why some are slating him.  Yes, he needs a goal badly but the more people moan the more it will get harder.

Since we've had him back in the team,  we have managed to hold the ball up thus bringing others into the game and creating more chances.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 10:11:56 PM »
Shows how weak our squad is with 3 decent players missing
Take 3 players out of anyone's starting line up, and they aren't going to be as strong. Look at how City play without Aguero/Kompany, Liverpool without Suarez/Sturridge...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
Agree but we ain't Liverpool or Man City!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
Southwell and Garner were obviously missed, but we also lacked the quality passes and finesse of Tempest.
Good to see McGhee and Newsh linking up for the equalising goal, the two players they replaced did not look up to the standard.
Fallah might be worth another chance but the other one did nothing much except lose possession, although there was an early long-range attempt that was well wide.
Jones put in a decent performance and was unlucky not to get a goal.
Not sure who got MOTM, but for me it was Dixon in midfield.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 11:07:27 PM »
Jone's work rate such as holding the ball up and bringing others into play is right up there with the best in this division so not sure why some are slating him.  Yes, he needs a goal badly but the more people moan the more it will get harder.

Since we've had him back in the team,  we have managed to hold the ball up thus bringing others into the game and creating more chances.

Could not agree more. Why there are so many moaning about him is beyond me. Today he covered every inch and had to do it all up front as Thomas and Fallha were and are a waste of space. Missing the players we were particularly the late withdrawal of Tempest we were always going to find it difficult and to be honest I was pleased with a draw. 

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »
Glad we got the goal in the end as it felt like it was going to "one of those days" as it wasn't happening for us. Alot has been made of the missing players who have been key for us recently and rightly so as they were missed today. Poor defending for their goal, five attackers in the area and only three Boston players resulting in a free header and a simple goal - maybe this wouldn't have happened if the captain was on the pitch? This apart Brackley offered nothing and were a poor side being kept in the game by the clown in black who was woeful. Of the players to come in Hollingsworth did well as usual providing plenty of energy although lacks the presence and experience of Garner, Thomas isn't strong enough or quick enough and I can't see him being here all season, Fallah showed nice touches like usual but lacks substance - don't remember him putting a single cross in despite playing as a winger. McGhee and Newsham coming on gave us another gear. McGhee was full of running and a constant threat with good deliveries - didn't show any signs of the injury and Newsham was back to his brilliant best, showed fantastic control to bring down a cross from the right, turn his man and shoot on the turn on target going into the bottom corner denied by the save of the match, then got the leveller from "Newsh range" showing he hasn't lost his awareness  and instinct which have scored him so many goals for us. The sooner we can get Newsham and Southwell both fit and playing together the better with McGhee, Dixon and Felix offering the pace and creativity from Midfield.

Shocking attendance today less than 900 home fans hopefully a decent turn out Boxing day.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 12:48:17 AM »
Not sure who got MOTM, but for me it was Dixon in midfield.

Dixon did get the MOTM, and fully deserved.
United we stand..................

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 07:45:54 AM »
DG it's time to send JONE's back to SPALDING  (if they will have him) and cross him and RAYMENT off your xmas  card list for taking the P out of you.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »
Silly girl