Author Topic: Under 21's last night  (Read 3556 times)

cookie

• View Profile
Under 21's last night
« on: December 04, 2014, 08:49:31 AM »
Marc Newsham and David Fallah scored in an impressive 5-0 under-21s victory against the England Fire Service Representative side.

In addition to Newsham's and Fallah's goals youth team striker Louis Saebe along with trialists Robert Nnaji and Cameron Heap helped the under-21s to a comprehensive victory against the English Fire Service Representative side. The game also assisted in Jamie McGhee, Sam Vince and David Fallah along with Newsham gain a valuable 90 minutes football.

The next under-21s game for Glen Maddison's side is next Tuesday evening (9th December) when they take on a strong Grimsby Town XI at The Jakemans Stadium with a 7pm kick-off.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Under 21's last night
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:21:26 AM »
Well Done lads.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »
Newsham still looked a little off the pace to me and I expect Thomas to start with Southwell out Saturday.

Not many there at all last night approx 50 - several of which were away fans supporting the firefighters. I would have thought any game at York Street involving several first teamers for two quid would have managed an attendance around 100.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »

Were there any players in the Fire Service side worth taking a look at? I hear they have a few strikers!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:19:08 PM »

Were there any players in the Fire Service side worth taking a look at? I hear they have a few strikers!
You're fired.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »
Talk about crash and BURN

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »
Under 21s are no a Reserve team. Seems these games are being arranged at short notice, little publicity and little interest as all friendlies. They are not strictly all under 21 although proper u-21 Leagues do allow 2 over-age players per side.
For those interested, the Lincolnshire League is now down to, for all intents and purposes, 11 teams with Louth Town Reserves no longer able to raise a side in their "return" season to the League. How did they manage to fool the League Committee again to convince them they were had enough players to commit to the competition - embarrassing. Skegness Town, the holders, are so far unbeaten and have ex-Pilgrims Andy Hewitt, Joby Gowshall, Keiran Elliot and Liam Parker in their ranks. Loads of ex-Pilgrims can be found in the League: Edwards, Sargeant and Stones at Horncastle; Ogden and Orrey at Wyberton, etc.
The Lincs League are still able to provide 3 match officials for each game but each team now only has 20 League Games and a minimum of 5 cup games in a season.
The games are always very lively and competitive but how long can this League survive? Must admit, thought there wouldn't be a Lincs League this season given past issues.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:02:01 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"