Author Topic: Quickest ever Boston goal?  (Read 12704 times)

Parkstee

• View Profile
    • Parksteels
Re: Quickest ever Boston goal?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 01:21:52 AM »
Played football for 29 seconds tonight after that we were not at the races, had a couple of half chances but their two centre backs snuffed everything out, can't understand why they have leaked so many goals they looked pretty solid at the back 

In space of a week our captin broke his foot, his centeral defence partner tore his hamstring then our manager quit, the No.5 was only his 2nd full game since returing from injury and his partner only signed frideay, at one point we played a back 4 that consisted of a left back and left winger as center defenders a right back at left back and a center midfielder at right back, thats why weve been leaking goals ;)

Out of every team I have seen Steels play you looked the strongest and good luck till next time we meet

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 05:31:43 AM »

Very disappointing performance. Perhaps we scored too early and then allowed complacency to set in. Our forward line was ineffective from minutes two to ninety to inclusive, and it says something that Newsham, Davidson and Yates were all substituted. None of them had good games, but when you're 2-1 down how do the managers legislate for removing the entire forward line? Surely we'd be better off throwing an extra striker on and going for broke?

Was disapointed I couldn't get last night because of someones commitments and to
some extent that I have to get up at stupid o'clock for work midweek.Leicester Pilgrim
for me always gives an honest assesment of the game from his perspective and he yet
again touches on a point that I know incaptulates players at all levels of the game and
that is COMPLACENCY.
It is an infectious thing that gets into the mind set of players and will long term destroy
good things that have gone before it.From all accounts keeping tabs on the live
commentary last night the lacklustre performance to which we would hope is only a blip
could be the begining of this complacency thing erupting with certain players who think their shirt is safe. The Management preach about this being a squad effort at York Street lets hope and invisage they impliment their policies.       
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 06:45:51 AM »
the No.5 was only his 2nd full game since returing from injury

How he manages to cart that frame around a football field and always be in the right place at the right time is still a mystery to me.  Great performance but I'd liked to have seen him made to turn and run a bit more, I'm sure the back line would soon have become very deep and the game stretched to our advantage.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
For me in the first 15 minutes or so I thought we played well with Yates in particular having a decent game and I thought their defence looked very wobbly and was there for the taking. From then on until half time we gradually sat deeper and deeper and it was no surprise when they got their equaliser. It was unfortunate that Shaun Pearson's header was cleared off the line just moments before, if that had gone in it was a different game. They did what they did for most of the game, broke with pace and this time scored.

The second was the most disappointing, it had shades of Burscough in the fact it came straight after the equaliser and shades of Lowestoft as Evans and the defence where beaten from an inswinging corner, only difference was that it was flicked in from a tight angle instead of going straight in. So a couple of things to work on there.

Second half was a total non-event. Don't think we had a shot in anger, they had 2 or 3 chances on the break but as a whole it was very dull. LP makes a very good point about Weir-Daley, 3 or 4 times he got caught offside when looking straight down the line in a wide position. A couple of times I was saying hold your run, when it is that obvious to a fan in the crowd it is very poor from a striker of his experience and something he definitely needs to work on.

All in all very disappointing game but like 1 or 2 performances before put it down to 1 of them nights. Credit where credit is due Steels where the better team on the night but if we'd have been on the money I'm absolutely confident we'd have dispatched of them. Lets hope the boo boys don't over-react like the last time we lost.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:27:06 AM by woad_pilgrim »

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 06:18:12 PM »
WP. Looks like we where both watching the same game for a change!

Totally agree  with your summary

I was very disappointed with swd. He got caught off side far too often. The linesman was shocking he should have flagged more times than he did!

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Played football for 29 seconds tonight after that we were not at the races, had a couple of half chances but their two centre backs snuffed everything out, can't understand why they have leaked so many goals they looked pretty solid at the back 

In space of a week our captin broke his foot, his centeral defence partner tore his hamstring then our manager quit, the No.5 was only his 2nd full game since returing from injury and his partner only signed frideay, at one point we played a back 4 that consisted of a left back and left winger as center defenders a right back at left back and a center midfielder at right back, thats why weve been leaking goals ;)

Out of every team I have seen Steels play you looked the strongest and good luck till next time we meet

Is that why we put 4 past you? ;)

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 09:22:59 PM »
I believe Daryl Clare scored in 20 seconds back in March 2005 against Grimsby, thats about the quickest goal I can remember!!

Gaz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
I seem to remember JJ scoring for us within the first few seconds away at notts county one friday night back in the football league i cant remember the exact time though.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »
I seem to remember JJ scoring for us within the first few seconds away at notts county one friday night back in the football league i cant remember the exact time though.

That one was timed at 27 seconds according to Pete's match report.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 09:01:42 AM »
Apparently Jimmy Rayner's opening goal in the 12-0 win against Wisbech Reserves in the 65/6 season went in after just 15 seconds.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »
Slightly off topic - I was talking to a colleague in Kidderminster last week and he remembers the day we went to Aggborough and put 4 past them, or more specifically their keeper - none other than Ben Foster!

Have united ever had more success against a present or future international keeper?!

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »
Slightly off topic - I was talking to a colleague in Kidderminster last week and he remembers the day we went to Aggborough and put 4 past them, or more specifically their keeper - none other than Ben Foster!

Have united ever had more success against a present or future international keeper?!
Remember it well I was sat with the Kiddy fans as my brother in laws a big fan....nearly got slung out by a steward for laughing to much as Kirk scored ;D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 10:26:56 AM »
Was that the two pens one? We were as awesome that day as Kiddy were woeful
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »