Author Topic: Gainsborough tonight  (Read 18412 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough tonight
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »
You seem a fairly sensible guy Stelihat .....why don't you come on a regular basis and support Boston?
Much more enjoyable (mostly)
Who'd be a fan ? :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2014, 08:47:27 PM »
I can,t comment as I did,nt go , but I did listen to it on BBC Lincs .   The commentory team appeared to be in full agreement that Stamp should have been red carded ,  was Thommo and co right steeli ?

Think Stamp couldn't pull out of challenge after whistle had gone, ref looking other way. Thought clumsy rather than malicious, and probably yellow was correct.

Also ref was inconsistent with cards- yellows for very little for both Binns and Marrs, but Stamp and Piergianni could easily have seen red
(Who'd be a ref?)

Are you an MP steeli ,?
You did,nt answer my question .

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
I can,t comment as I did,nt go , but I did listen to it on BBC Lincs .   The commentory team appeared to be in full agreement that Stamp should have been red carded ,  was Thommo and co right steeli ?

Think Stamp couldn't pull out of challenge after whistle had gone, ref looking other way. Thought clumsy rather than malicious, and probably yellow was correct.

Also ref was inconsistent with cards- yellows for very little for both Binns and Marrs, but Stamp and Piergianni could easily have seen red
(Who'd be a ref?)

Are you an MP steeli ,?

I'll refer the honourable member to the answer I gave a few moments ago  :dan

IMHO Yellow not red, so no Thommo and co were not right

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »
Fair result.
Boston started well and were gifted first goal, when Trinity stopped , waiting for the whistle. Garner unchallenged steered the ball in.

School kids are coached to keep playing until the whistle. I suppose Trinity had an excuse for stopping - they're not used to wingers staying on their feet.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 08:32:17 AM »

(Who'd be a ref?)

The Marrs one was particularly laughable as I don't think he'd done much wrong all night and softly clipped the lad.  Then in the next passage of play two others did the exact same thing and got nothing.

But that has always been the case in football. The so called 'hard men' get away with three of four decent clouts before getting booked where a midfielder or striker gets a card for his first.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »

(Who'd be a ref?)

Are you an MP steeli ,?

I'll refer the honourable member to the answer I gave a few moments ago  :dan

IMHO Yellow not red, so no Thommo and co were not right

Thanks for clearing that up steeli ,  I hop :Pe Hortin gives Thommo and the two Marks a red for their error  :P

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 04:17:06 PM »
Evidence, or hearsay about the stewards? I'm sure the club will be interested

It was my mate who your steward threatened with physical violence, I was stood right next to him. The line "do you wanna go outside was used". I will testify this to the relevant authorities. He also tried to provoke boston fans when you scored but the boston fans behaved in an exemplary manor and didn't rise to the bait. Such tinpottery stuff when you have actual fans it would seem acting as "stewards". The stewards from Lincoln were sound however.

I shall pass on your concerns to the relevant people.

(How do you know which stewards were from Lincoln, and which from Gainsborough?)

What response have you had from the "relevant people "  ?