Author Topic: Gainsborough tonight  (Read 18367 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough tonight
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »
We should have put the game to bed in the first half but I have to say the lads gave their all with Dixon being outstanding. I also question the substitutions both Felix and Marrs had the right hand side stitched up yet both were replaced at the same time. It has to be said that Thomas does not look good indeed every time the ball was passed to him he looked as though he was going to have a nervous breakdown, has no pace and can't get rid of the ball quick enough, usually to an opposition player,sorry but it needs saying. Thought Pidge showed why he is the best center half in this league, what a shift he put in. Having said all that I will also say that recent performances including tonight have been play off material.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 05:51:05 AM »
Felix may have been carrying a knock ?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 07:24:52 AM »
NO match winners on the bench and none good enough to protect a lead either ,we still got a point well done.

Odin

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 07:33:02 AM »
Sorry Miele but you must be wrong. According to DG we have a much stronger side than last season.
Must echo the comments of others on here about the rest of the players, they worked hard and deserve great credit but still think they were let down badly by the substitution.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 07:57:45 AM »
SO you agree we need a complete new bench, (plastic or wood).

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 08:00:31 AM »
Short memories, many said Felix wasn't upto this league and offered nothing.  Given a run in the team he looks great.  Maybe Thomas might be the same given time.  You have to put him in, give him and go and look at him.

Our strength in depth is injured. Mcghee offers loads and is being missed, as is the second striker for Southwell.  Jones desperately needs a goal to settle as for all his huffing and puffing things don't look right yet.

The game changed when the one remaining decent player from the Swann money pots era came on.  What are they going to do when he retires as upto the point he came on they were dross?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:03:33 AM by Lord Cutler Knobhead »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »
The BBC team and a few trinity supporters around them seem to think Stamp was lucky to still be on the pitch. wasnt there so can anyone shed a bit of light on this??

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:20 AM »
Thought we were outstanding first half. Back four were solid, and our midfield and forwards were bossing the game. Dixon, Tempest and Felix were beating opponents at ease giving the game a cup tie feel against a side from several leagues below. Could and should have scored a second before the break with Dixon, Steer and Southwell among others having near misses although Trinity did force a decent save from the impressive Joel Dixon on the stoke of half time. Stamp came on and they resorted to hoof ball (providing an interesting dual with Pidge) as they were struggling to out play us at football. Second half was much of the same until the hour mark (agreed about the subs it did appear to change the game.) Gainsborough then had time on the ball and created two or three chances with Beesley, Picton and Davies having an impacted on the game. Boston finished on top again with a couple of chances to win it right at the end. Only 600 attendance with around 200 from Boston.

As for Thomas hopefully he will come good, lacks pace and is probably suited playing through the middle off either Southwell or Jones but seems to have something about him and has scored goals elsewhere.

Gainsborough were very tinpot. Stewards offering Boston fans "outside" after they scored. Stamp who produced a cynical off the the ball stamp on Steer; yet somehow this was deemed a yellow card not a straight red? Then rolling round like a girl twice after no contact. And finally I am still trying to find the six fingers on each hand Housham was telling us about as he walked down the tunnel..
Poor leadership letting down fans like Steelihat who represent the club well.

Odin

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
That late stamp on Steer by the 'big girls blouse Stamp' should have been a red card. Only the Lino saw it, not the ref, so the ref was guided by the lino who didn't have the bottle to recommend a red card. Heard the stewards talking about the attendance from Boston and one said that according to the 'takings' there was about 280 from Boston.
As for Stamp, what a plonker. The first time he rolled around on the floor holding his head was clearly play acting cos nothing touched his head in that tackle, it was right in front of me and there was NO contact. The 2nd time he rolled around, I thought he rolled around holding his head because someone just told him his attendance allowance had just been stopped and his carer went home because she wasn't getting paid. Hope he doesn't sign for us when his career goes downhill, we don't need his sort.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
Thought we were outstanding first half. Back four were solid, and our midfield and forwards were bossing the game. Dixon, Tempest and Felix were beating opponents at ease giving the game a cup tie feel against a side from several leagues below. Could and should have scored a second before the break with Dixon, Steer and Southwell among others having near misses although Trinity did force a decent save from the impressive Joel Dixon on the stoke of half time. Stamp came on and they resorted to hoof ball (providing an interesting dual with Pidge) as they were struggling to out play us at football. Second half was much of the same until the hour mark (agreed about the subs it did appear to change the game.) Gainsborough then had time on the ball and created two or three chances with Beesley, Picton and Davies having an impacted on the game. Boston finished on top again with a couple of chances to win it right at the end. Only 600 attendance with around 200 from Boston.

As for Thomas hopefully he will come good, lacks pace and is probably suited playing through the middle off either Southwell or Jones but seems to have something about him and has scored goals elsewhere.

Gainsborough were very tinpot. Stewards offering Boston fans "outside" after they scored. Stamp who produced a cynical off the the ball stamp on Steer; yet somehow this was deemed a yellow card not a straight red? Then rolling round like a girl twice after no contact. And finally I am still trying to find the six fingers on each hand Housham was telling us about as he walked down the tunnel..

Evidence, or hearsay about the stewards? I'm sure the club will be interested

Interesting to get a different perspective on Piergianni v Stamp. From where I was stood (half way line) the only time Piergianni won a duel was when he fouled Stamp. The elbow in the head in centre circle should have been a red card - 10 yards from ref, who gave a free kick, and a quick word with Boston defender.
Subs changed the game, thought Greene took off your best two players, but it appeared that Boston who had worked really hard were running out of steam towards the end

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »
Greene replaced both players due to injury. Your left back must of been relieved when Felix was replaced as he had run him ragged all night long. I think it was a fair tussle between Pidge and Stamp but Stamp should of been sent off without doubt for a terrible challenge.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »

Evidence, or hearsay
Still waiting for yours from a previous thread...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »

Interesting to get a different perspective on Piergianni v Stamp. From where I was stood (half way line) the only time Piergianni won a duel was when he fouled Stamp. The elbow in the head in centre circle should have been a red card - 10 yards from ref, who gave a free kick, and a quick word with Boston defender.
Subs changed the game, thought Greene took off your best two players, but it appeared that Boston who had worked really hard were running out of steam towards the end

Two Blues fans on your forum were impressed with Peirgianni Steeli !!!!

black n yella

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:21 PM »

It was my mate who your steward threatened with physical violence, I was stood right next to him. The line "do you wanna go outside was used". I will testify this to the relevant authorities. He also tried to provoke boston fans when you scored but the boston fans behaved in an exemplary manor and didn't rise to the bait. Such tinpottery stuff when you have actual fans it would seem acting as "stewards". The stewards from Lincoln were sound however.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »

Two Blues fans on your forum were impressed with Peirgianni Steeli !!!!

And the comments on your forum about Stamp would suggest he made an impression.