Author Topic: Chorley - The Return  (Read 5133 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Chorley - The Return
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »
If we smash this lot again tomorrow then we could be up to third in the league.

Always a bit strange playing the same team twice in quick succession though. The opposition may have picked up on what our strengths are and have worked hard in training to nullify them. Do we need a few new tricks up or sleeves and take them by surprise or should we just approach as before ?

Hopefully Dirty Den will have the answers and make us all happy :)

TEP
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:10:03 PM by Tipps End Pilgrim »

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley - The Return
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:46:48 PM by Ferret »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »
Just reading the last match report and you have to applaud their MOTM award.

http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php/statistics/match-reports/season-2014-15/1701-chorley-1-2-boston-united-08-11-2014

Pat I think you will find that it was a personal view of the author. The announcer gave their MOM and also gave their Boston MOM as Garner which I thought was quite novel.

petertaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
I thought that was a nice touch at Chorley with the selection of a MoM from the opponents.
Certainly something different.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »
I think FCUM are the only other team I know to have done it...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
Hard fought game. Both teams with chances to win, I think a draw at the end was fair.
Thought they were a bit physical, glad the ref was strong enough to red card their guy.
Onwards and upwards

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »
Did,nt hear any moans today .

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
draw was a fair result, we could have however scored a few in the first half but they had chances especially when Rene cleared off the line. Thought they were physical but not OT other than the straight red which was as clear a red as you will see.

nice touch with the town end and the chorley fans shining their phone torches through the fog, hope they get home safely.

7 points from Flyde and Chorley twice, would have snapped your hand off if you offered me that a couple of weeks ago. dropped a few places but we are in the mix.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »
Despite the lack of goals the game was exciting with a decent tempo and a good standard of football. Second half was ruined a bit as a spectacle due to the thick fog.

Unlucky not to go ahead after dominating the first half with their 'keeper pulling of an excellent double save from Jones and Southwell - doubt we will see two better point blank saves all season especially the second. Second half they were on top for spells with Felix being a threat on the break. Overall a fair result on reflection of both halfs.

Some decent performances today all over the pitch especially from Dixon and Tempest who look fit and full of confidence.
Couple of "spills and thrills" from our 'keeper but can be forgiven on a wet surface. Jones still doesn't look 100% and his decision making in the final third when moving the ball on was slow and or poor at times; although won his fair share in the air. Possibly the one player who may be changed for Tuesday if Newsham or Thomas are deemed close enough to full fitness, other than that the team is balanced and performing well.

Good support from the terraces again today, looking forward to Derby Day.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »
Disagree about your comments on Jona. He has been fantastic since returning and his presence up front is helping the team massively. Cant fault the level of performance from the lads today and a decent point keeps our unbeaten run going. A very entertaining game..

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »
looking forward to Derby Day.

Not a derby, never has been, hopefully never will be.

3rd decent performance in a row. Thought we were the stronger of the two teams and were unlucky not to pinch the points at the end.

Could have been a horror month, need to build on it by winning the 'easier' games to follow.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 11:01:03 PM »
https://audioboom.com/boos/2654298-garry-flitcroft-reaction-to-boston-united-0-0-chorley

LOL, Won the ball, played the better football, should have won the game.  I love listening to the other side of the fence.

That was a clearer straight red tackle as you will not ever see.

Of note is that they travelled down the night before, did we in the reverse?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.