Author Topic: Chorley  (Read 11983 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »
Has the master stroke been putting Garns in mid-field???

YES .
My mate in the green hat has for a time insisted that Den is a genius !! :)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »
No disgrace to be beaten by a better side today who should have had more goals FH.
We were outgunned in midfield where only Dale and Jake are "up for it" at present with too little creativity, at least today.

Boston were a good team, hard working, chased everything, deserved the points...
Good set of fans as well...

Taken from the Chorley forum.... sounds like we played very well!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
Their first home loss since 4th March!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:07 PM »
A long journey over the dreaded M62 with it's ridiculous 50 speed limit however, a happy ride home with the points in the bag. Believe me this game was not close, we dominated from start to finish and yes we should have had at least four with any luck. In the first few minutes Southwell scored a perfectly good goal and was wrongly judged offside I was bang in line with him and he was a yard on side. It didn't matter as it happens as we continued to play them off the park with great passing football and bloody hard work. The first goal when it came was a thing of beauty, Our keeper threw the ball to Greg who in turn played a lovely pass to Jones he in turn played a peach of a ball to Kane who took his man on to put in a superb cross for Southwell to power a header into the back of the net as I said beautiful. The second again came from great passing with Kane again giving his marker nightmares and his shot deflected off one of their players but was struck so well I think it would have gone in the far corner without the deflection. It was interesting to hear the announcement that Garner had been given the away team MOM award and rightly so, Just as last week he completely dominated the mid field winning almost every ball both on the floor and in the air, It is no coincidence that putting Garns in midfield has been the master stroke that has made us look like champions in the last two games. All credit to all the lads each and every one put in eights and nine displays. I beg all those still doubting to get there on Saturday and give these boys the support they richly deserve.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »
We let them have nothing and reduced them to the big hoof in torrid conditions.  At the other end we could comfortably have had 5 and they couldn't complain.

The only disappointment from the day would be that the scoreline didn't reflect the game.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »
No disgrace to be beaten by a better side today who should have had more goals FH.
We were outgunned in midfield where only Dale and Jake are "up for it" at present with too little creativity, at least today.

Boston were a good team, hard working, chased everything, deserved the points...
Good set of fans as well...

Taken from the Chorley forum.... sounds like we played very well!

Lets add this comment aswell

Re: Chorley v Boston
Postby ontheup ยป Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 pm

HERE WE GO AGAIN, FIRST HOME DEFEAT IN MONTHS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE SQUAD ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, THE TACTICS ARE WRONG, WAKE UP CALL WAITING TO HAPPEN.
GET A GRIP YOU MORONS.

We were beaten by a very good team today, end off.
ontheup

Does sound like we carried on where we left of last week

petertaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »
Great postfrom oxo. It was another terrific performance today and we thoroughly deserved to win.
Everyone is working so hard to improve our position. Let's all get together and support the club fully. Let's have a big gate
Next week.Together we can make a big difference.  :)

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 01:23:03 AM »
Goal of the season.

And chant of the season for that matter.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »
Garner the new Ellender in midfield ?

He plays all pre-season up front and does ok ish. Then in defence for the season proper - been average and not very good at all in recent weeks. Moves to midfield and really adds some value at last. Maybe he could be in goal next :)

TEP

Odin

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 10:36:36 AM »
So, DG has finally revealed his genius. Keep moving and shuffling the players like a deck of cards until you deal a winning hand. That explains all the mind boggling moves he's made in the past.
Great result yesterday and last week. We do have some terrific players if played in the right position. I hope they keep it going next Saturday.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Well done to all who played and attended, let's hope we can get back the missing supporters for Saturday.
Garner in midfield seems a master stroke by DG think he's a real handful were ever he plays always gives it his best and also think Tempest has made a real impact since getting fit and playing regular, Dayle Southwell what a great asset he's becoming scoring more than one a game on average and does a lot of work chasing ball when we don't have possession.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
So, DG has finally revealed his genius. Keep moving and shuffling the players like a deck of cards until you deal a winning hand. That explains all the mind boggling moves he's made in the past.
It comes with having a small squad. We cannot afford to have 2 players for each position.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »
Goal of the season.

And chant of the season for that matter.
Go on then, what was this chant?

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
The Green Army chant was back for the 1st time for awhile followed soon after by Knobhead army  ;) before remembering we are DN's Barmy Army

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
Well I liked the "Can we play you every week?" when we were pasting them in the first half but I meant the one towards the end of the game.

As home fans started to leave early, we didn't get the standard "Cheerio" or "We can see you sneaking out" but instead "Is there a fire drill?". We laughed out loud...