Author Topic: Fylde game  (Read 8206 times)

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fylde game
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
Any radio commentry on todays game?

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde game
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »
yes endeavour radio- or sporadic and witty text updates from me

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
ta

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »
Gonna be the first to say that's more like it what a performance from all the players. Well done. ;D

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »
Great game
Great result
Well done.  Garner in mid field a revelation.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
Great result today against a side who have been rolling over teams in our league for fun. Support was better than of late at home today and Fylde seemed riffled.

Tactics were spot on, the back four were superb. Mills and Pidge won everything and I can't remember a better performance from Steer. Felix caused them problems for the whole game and created plenty of chances and won us lots of set pieces which we capitalised on well. Garner was brilliant in front of the back four and we also saw the "Cruyff" turn we were told about pre season! which almost resulted in a goal. Dixon was the right choice alongside him in the middle as he has works hard (like Marshall and Hollingsworth) but has a little more quality on the ball. Some great deliveries from Tempest and a cracking volley first half which we scored from the resulting corner. Front two worked hard enough and Jones seemed closer to full fitness. 442 suits us much better 433.

Hopefully we can go on a run now and be genuine play off contenders!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »
Did the fickle stay away fans miss a very good game or what!!   After todays performance, compared to the last 2 or 3, you've got to turn up for every game 'cos you never know what you're going to see.   Well done lads.

black n yella

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 06:58:42 PM »
Best team performance all season. Well done all. Went today expecting very little, left feeling excited about what might be possible if we can show some much needed consistency. Maybe this can be the catalyst we need to make a go at climbing back up the table. The lads have shown today the quality is there and if utilised in the right way they can be a force to be reckoned with.

Anyone else surprised how frail their defence was, I mean this is a team that have steamed their way past teams and yet they looked scared of us. I believe Flyde certainly was a team we suited playing against, not exactly a physical team and allowed us to attack them at will. They looked a threat at counter attacking first half but second half we out muscled and stifled any attack with confidence.

Everything in that team today worked. From the solid defence, the resilient and creative midfield to the pacey attackers. Take note Den, don't tinker with a winning formula. Maybe the penny has finally dropped and the lessons are being learnt. I really hope so.

Keep putting those performances and we can't go far wrong.

black n yella

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »
Did the fickle stay away fans miss a very good game or what!!   After todays performance, compared to the last 2 or 3, you've got to turn up for every game 'cos you never know what you're going to see.   Well done lads.

They certainly did. As much as some of us have complained , and mostly justifiably so, you've got put up with the rough before you really appreciate the smooth. Today was one of those rewards for putting up with some absolute abject displays. Long may this new energy and performance continue. We desperately need to get on a winning streak to tempt the stay always back. 1 brilliant game won't change much unfortunately in the grand scheme of things. The team and manager will have to start being much more consistent before some are totally convinced however.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 07:25:23 PM »
Was there manager at todays game, he says they dominated 1st half????

Well done to all concearned

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 10:11:48 PM »
Great game snd great result. The application from the player's was first class and proves we can compete with the best  just need to find consistency now.

Interesting to read David Newton programme notes. I have to agree with him and we as fans need to be patient and realistic as we build for a SUSTAINABLE future!

Up the Pilgrims

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »
Really enjoyed that. Well done DG.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
Wasn't expecting that at all
 A tgoos performance and a truly brilliant result, let's just hope that it will be the start of a little run and the beginning of some consistency that has been our biggest down fall.

Only surprise is the lack of comments on the game.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »
Wasn't expecting that at all
 A tgoos performance and a truly brilliant result, let's just hope that it will be the start of a little run and the beginning of some consistency that has been our biggest down fall.

Only surprise is the lack of comments on the game.
you only get a stream of comments if we lose!
When we win and win well then there is no advice to give to DG and MB.
I thought our closing down of Fylde when we lost the ball was exceptional.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »

I thought our closing down of Fylde when we lost the ball was exceptional.

I mentioned this to someone during the game. We were making them hurry their passes, rather than let them move the ball forward quickly. This meant they probably played more long balls than they usually do, and they weren't very effective
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/