Author Topic: Zelph Thomas signs  (Read 8943 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Zelph Thomas signs
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:53:14 AM »
Reported on nonleague.com this morning. Scored a hat-trick against Horncastle midweek for the u21 side and is also a current international for St Kitts & Nevis. Has a decent goals to game record but hasn't played in this league before and it is difficult to tell how good the standard is in other countries he has played but certainly an interesting signing.

Link http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/thomas-joins-boston-united-34855/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Zelph Thomas signs
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »
who was the last international who played for us who played for a Caribbean team???

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
Albert Jarrett?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »
JJ played for the same team
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »
Maybe cannot tell the standard of other countries, but you can from Goole, Sheffield FC, Mickleover etc.

However, let's see what he can do as Miller played for many clubs at that level and worked out well last year.

Any news on a keeper though?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 01:25:57 PM »
We had Montserrat striker Jaylee Hodgson on trial before.

Any news on a keeper though?
http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=13688
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »
Albert Jarrett...that's the one :)
Thx

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »
And the lad Quistin who played for us a bit in the first Conference North season. He was a Guadeloupe international as I recall. Also I sadly remember he died in a motorbike accident a few years back...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »
Actually this is the one I was thinking of.
Didn't realise he had passed away
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludovic_Quistin

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 07:42:14 PM »
Maybe cannot tell the standard of other countries, but you can from Goole, Sheffield FC, Mickleover etc.

Mickleover are a decent side and punch abover their weight in EvoStik South. At the moment they're five points off the top of the table but with five games in hand, so there's every chance they could be an EvoStik Premier side next season. I saw them beat Coalville in a play-off semi final at the end of last season, despite ending up with only ten men. They then lost in the final to miss out on promotion. I'm not sure whether Thomas played for Mickleover that night but I've got the programme and he was part of the squad. Mickleover had a few players who were pacy and who caused Coalville problems. I'll get a better idea tomorrow as to whether Thomas was one of them.

There's this article as well. It turns out he's a mate of Tom Cleverley...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21902236

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 09:14:47 PM »
Well I'm sure this weeks signings will see all the missing fans flock back to see BUFC,
I'm sure young Thomas will compliment Fallah, Felix and Doran
roll on Saturday bet fylde will be shaking when they see the pedigree of players DG can recruit.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »
Well I'm sure this weeks signings will see all the missing fans flock back to see BUFC,
I'm sure young Thomas will compliment Fallah, Felix and Doran
roll on Saturday bet fylde will be shaking when they see the pedigree of players DG can recruit.

Why i dont like some of the comments our manager,s say i have to say i can see why with comments like the above i can see why they say if you aint happy stay at home

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »
Well yeah I do stay away from home games!!
I've missed 5 in the last 35 yrs.
Just not impressed with the desperate shit being signed, I will be going as I'm passionate for the club i support and will give the lad a chance (bet My mind is right) IF he's not any good I will mention it to DG and if he calls me a name I will take it and not whinge for weeks about it.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »
Hats off to anyone who has only missed 5 home games in 35 year Garry! With regards to Thomas I am optimistic, he has a good goal scoring record; although at a lower level. Doran and Fallah are too light weight and don't have the all round game needed for this level (certainly not yet) and with only Vince missing tomorrow I don't expect either to be in the 16 but Felix still has the potential to be a very good winger/forward and I think we have already seen glimpses of that, his pace scares defenders and his crossing is decent enough.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Zac Mills and Zelph Thomas ... maybe Ken can advise us if we've ever had two players beginning with Z before? If we can get Zema Abbey back we can send everybody to zzz ......