Author Topic: Quickest ever Boston goal?  (Read 12805 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Quickest ever Boston goal?
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »
Tonight's opener was timed at 29 seconds.  Which leads me to wonder, what is the Pilgrims' quickest ever goal?

fcum_91

• View Profile
Re: Quickest ever Boston goal?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
Quick start  :o is it 1-0 Boston then?

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »
any chance you can give us updates patrick.i can veiw patter at work but not a lot of anything else for updates
"till saturday comes"

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
thanks for that patrick.on the raf camp theres a lot we cant veiw
"till saturday comes"

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »
It'll finish 4-3 Boston mark my words.

Gaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:39:18 PM »
I hope so.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
Just got back.

My God, we were dreadful.

Ah well.....

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »
Definately an off day.
Don't think stocksbridge where that good. But on the day they where much better than us

I am sure we can get decent result saturday and onwards again

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 11:37:07 PM »
Dreadful a bit harsh Pete. Credit to them (steels) they played well. Their two centre backs were immense both literally and figuratively and neither DD or Saurez got any change out of them all night. SPS were up for it, first to the ball a lot of time but then gave it away. This usually resulted in us playing the long ball.

Missed our goal was still queing for my pie so can't comment on it but we did not really create much after that. it was reminiscent of some of our early games with too much emphasis on the long ball.

Don't understand why we didn't get the ball to Yates' feet more. Their goals were well taken efforts.

overall an entertaining game but a disappointing display/result after what we have come to expect recently. Stocksbridge look to be having something of a resurgence so keeps things interesting at the top...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:39:45 PM »
Didn't play well tonight but could have come away with something on a differant day.  Just a blip, I blame 'Tap in' for only working for 29 seconds the lazy....
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »
I'm just bitter that after the recent success I show up to watch that shower of shit. Stocksbridge deserved to win and their number 7 absolutely ran the show on the wing - he looked like the only semi-competent player on the pitch.

Sure it's just a blip, hugely disappointing though after that fantastic start.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
A few pics. Sorry about the poor quality, but my camera just can't cope very well with floodlights.  :(

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 01:11:07 AM »
I'm just bitter that after the recent success I show up to watch that shower of shit. Stocksbridge deserved to win and their number 7 absolutely ran the show on the wing - he looked like the only semi-competent player on the pitch.

Sure it's just a blip, hugely disappointing though after that fantastic start.

I believe the number seven was Alex Callery. Pilgrims fans of a certain vintage may remember his father Neil playing for us.

Very disappointing performance. Perhaps we scored too early and then allowed complacency to set in. Our forward line was ineffective from minutes two to ninety to inclusive, and it says something that Newsham, Davidson and Yates were all substituted. None of them had good games, but when you're 2-1 down how do the managers legislate for removing the entire forward line? Surely we'd be better off throwing an extra striker on and going for broke?

(For what it is worth I also thought Weir-Daley played poorly tonight. How many times did he get caught offside from wide positions? Looking along the line, a player of his experience shouldn't allow that to happen).

In relation to the original question about the fastest ever Boston goal, I can remember Richard Toone scoring in an opening day Conference fixture after a similar period of time. I think it was against Merthyr Tydfil. It was the first goal of that particular season anywhere, though I'm not sure if it was quicker than tonights. I'm sure Ken's site will answer the question, though I'll leave that for a more sociable time of day.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 01:16:58 AM »
 Played football for 29 seconds tonight after that we were not at the races, had a couple of half chances but their two centre backs snuffed everything out, can't understand why they have leaked so many goals they looked pretty solid at the back, we had plenty of possession second half but Stockbridge still looked the most likely to score, one of those nights i'm afraid.