Author Topic: FACT....we just aint good enough....  (Read 31340 times)

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
Re: FACT....we just aint good enough....
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
So people can act inappropriately at the club and aren't accountable ? Going to have to disagree with you on this MR W.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
I thought Garner played well today, a good defender just doesn't distribute the ball as well as Pidge and the rest of the back line at times and can be a bit guilty of hoofing the ball but tackles well and is a leader. A very good defender at this level.

As for dragging up a comment Greene made it's about time it was forgotten.

Odin

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »
I'm sorry to have to say this but we are all wrong about the team. I can say that with confidence because DG has said that this seasons team is stronger than last seasons and he is never wrong.
My personal view is that I agree that some, not all, of the players are not up to scratch but the chosen one has chosen them. If you were a footballer and was selected to play then you would play. I thought we were on a loser today when I saw the 'elbow' running around.
We have nothing up front that looks threatening, Jones gets up for the long high balls, which is good because that's all we play, and I hate to say it but I think Newsh has had his day, the length of time taken to get over the injury has seen to that. I would really like to see him back but time moves on.
A gate of 883, it will be hard to get back the disheartened ones.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »
Den knows what he wrote and so do others!

He's quoted on Twitter as saying it was just banter. Worst excuse ever.

Am I the only person who thinks Garner has been very poor this season so far, you could argue the midfield isn't providing cover, but seems to get beaten to the ball a lot more...

TD......you probably are the only one who thinks that way about Garner,but you obviously agree on my point about our none existence midfield....Garner is one of our 3 "good players"...the others being Mills and Pidge....Garner  IMO is an excellent leader and organiser and,Im sad to say......he is probably our best forward....with all the hoofing we do DG should play him upfront from the beginning of the game.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »
Den knows what he wrote and so do others!

He's quoted on Twitter as saying it was just banter. Worst excuse ever.

Am I the only person who thinks Garner has been very poor this season so far, you could argue the midfield isn't providing cover, but seems to get beaten to the ball a lot more...

TD......you probably are the only one who thinks that way about Garner,but you obviously agree on my point about our none existence midfield....Garner is one of our 3 "good players"...the others being Mills and Pidge....Garner  IMO is an excellent leader and organiser and,Im sad to say......he is probably our best forward....with all the hoofing we do DG should play him upfront from the beginning of the game.

Organiser!!!!! not seen one of those on or off the pitch this season .     Seen Garner outpaced too many times this season ,  look at match vidios for limited examples .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »
So people can act inappropriately at the club and aren't accountable ? Going to have to disagree with you on this MR W.
You can put those words in my mouth... doesn't mean I said them.

No, he shouldn't have typed those words - but should we really let it overshadow the actual concerns about the team?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
Why should we move on ?
Because we're all adults?

Exactly, short point but to the point !  I've called people worse in the name of banter or tongue in cheek or even where i have been peed off, but you know what...people have forgiven me !   After today, i really do feel BUFC fans ( not all ) are turning into a bunch of Victor Meldrews and the place really doesn't feel good at the moment and that not only is down to form, but to fans too.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »
I like to read peoples views regarding the games, players performances and all things football about BUFC indeed I often contribute but, the majority of posts by a minority of contributors regarding anything other than football matters is a massive turn off therefore other than Kens prediction league I will not be bothering until the forum returns to football matters.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »
Agreed Oxo - some of the anti Greene comments are getting pedantic at best. Yes the guy has a sense of humor and is a human being, in hindsight some of the comments may get up certain peoples backs but every word the guy says at the moment seems to be over scrutinized.

in terms of on the pitch yes results; especially at home haven't been good this season - although maybe we were slightly spoilt will the excellent home form last season. In my mind we were only out played twice against Oxford and Hednesford and on another day could have got a point against Solihull and NFU, although we were fortunate to get all three points against Barrow, my overall point being the entertainment value has still been good this season at home with the exception of the Hednesford game.

Players wise Greene has bought in Pidge, Garner, Mills, Steer, Dixon, Tempest, Southwell, Miller, McGhee and Marrs etc ALL of which are better than ANYONE Lee and especially the hapless Drury managed to bring in.

I still think we have a decent side but have struggled to get the team to gel properly due to being unable to field a regular 11 due to injuries/suspensions to key players such as Pidge, Newsh and McGhee. We haven't started the same 11 consecutively this season unlike last year and when we manage to get a run with our best 11 players out I don't see why we won't get a decent run of result and finish in the top 10 but may fall just short of the top 5 again.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:11 AM »
Cant be bothered to write it all again--my post under Solihull Moors--Cavalier says it all.

Hard facts--manager must be changed.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »
You can put those words in my mouth... doesn't mean I said them.

No, he shouldn't have typed those words - but should we really let it overshadow the actual concerns about the team?

But it is certainly a contributing factor to why the atmosphere is extremely poor, obviously the performance is not helping. And this atmosphere at matches is not helping the players.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
I think that's actually an opinion. Calling it a fact doesn't make it one.

But it is certainly a contributing factor to why the atmosphere is extremely poor, obviously the performance is not helping. And this atmosphere at matches is not helping the players.

So why can't people choose to ignore it, and just support their team? Because it's easier to have a moan?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »
I did state at the beginning of the season, a concern is that with the new stadium taking centre stage the team may suffer.

Are we in a 'mid-table' holding pattern until the stadium is built and then the club passed onto a 'supporters trust'?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »
Carl at the football dinner in a few weeks ill get a few of the lads to ask to ladies behind the bar the same thing. Will that be acceptable as banter. I'm not anti DG albeit the games this year are borderline boring its just I agree with Bostonshire the manager needs to set a higher standard and that isnt

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 12:47:10 PM »
I think that's actually an opinion. Calling it a fact doesn't make it one.

So why can't people choose to ignore it, and just support their team? Because it's easier to have a moan?

I do support my team, in fact I'm very encouraging during matches, as I don't believe in criticising during a match. I also don't think Greene should be booted out, he should be giving time to sort things out. But the silence from the fall out from this is says a lot about the club that we support.