Author Topic: FACT....we just aint good enough....  (Read 31341 times)

Odin

Re: FACT....we just aint good enough....
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »
Can't wait to see the posts on here after today's game, which I expect us to lose. Should make good reading if anyone can be bothered to write one.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
We were today

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
Confidence flowing throughout the team wonder why? Probably the new keeper????

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »
Can't wait to see the posts on here after today's game, which I expect us to lose. Should make good reading if anyone can be bothered to write one.
Oops.

Confidence flowing throughout the team wonder why? Probably the new keeper????
Having a proper tackler in the middle of midfield, with the change to 4-3-3 worked. Zak Mills was my MotM.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »
Agree with Zak Mills as Motm

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
Thought we played 442 today not 442. Tempest left, Garns plus Dixon in the middle and Felix on the right.

Mills, Steer and Pidge all played very well today.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
Thought we played 442 today not 442. Tempest left, Garns plus Dixon in the middle and Felix on the right.

Garner in the middle, Dixon to his right, Tempest to his left. Felix and Southwell ran the channels with Jones in the middle.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
Greene also described the formation as a 442 during his interview  :P Having Tempest and Dixon for free till after Christmas is a major coup and could help us go on a decent run. Tempest has a brilliant left foot and has set up several good assists from that side already whilst Dixon provides the balance between work rate, getting stuck in and quality on the ball that the likes of Meadows, Dowie, and Marrs when playing in that position weren't able to.

Also Greene apologies to the fans who were offended by the comment made a few weeks back. Those offended  (don't class myself in that catergory as the comment was no different to the jovial comments made elsewhere on social media by Greene) need to forget this now, and hopefully we can all move on United and the support from the terraces can intimidate the away team not the home team as it did yesterday. Anyone interested the interview is on the official site and youtube.

Move on to the Chorley games now and hopefully we can get 4 points from the two games before the derby game.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »
Agree totally Carl.  We must move on and get behind Den and the team.  Decent atmosphere yesterday and it helped the lads certainly the young ones like Felix who was terrific yesterday. 

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2014, 01:57:47 PM »
Well i got to say i was gob smacked yesterday, I was left at the end of the game thinking where the heck did that come from.
I always said whiles we had Gardner and pidge at back our back line was full of goodness but was far to slow. The answere was already in the team and we never noticed before. Watching Zac play there he looked better than he did anywhere else. Gardner moving in the middle was a master stroke this turned the midfield into a good unit that was able to battle and hold the ball at ease.

Cant say to much about MOTM cus to fair there was so many players that could have got it and pidge was one of them. Finally we got to see what Den can see in felix they just didnt have a answere for him.

Dont know wether anything has been said at the club in regards to the comments Greene made but yesterday the players came out and really looked happy, the club just had a better feel around it so what ever happened ill give it the phumbs up and agree with Carl, time to put it behind us and move on

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »

Dont know wether anything has been said at the club in regards to the comments Greene made but yesterday the players came out and really looked happy

I don't think player morale has ever been an issue since Drury left when senior players such as Ian Ross slated his poor tactics and style of play.

Farman talked about the team spirit and the players love for the game at Boston during his interview with Radio Lincolnshire before the game yesterday.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »

Dont know wether anything has been said at the club in regards to the comments Greene made but yesterday the players came out and really looked happy

I don't think player morale has ever been an issue since Drury left when senior players such as Ian Ross slated his poor tactics and style of play.

Farman talked about the team spirit and the players love for the game at Boston during his interview with Radio Lincolnshire before the game yesterday.

Not heard the interview, was it a swipe at his parent club, who seem to have an issue running through their core.  They've not adapted to life in the non league well and until they do will continue to bounce from squad rebuild to squad rebuild without troubling the top.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2014, 10:15:18 PM »
You only have to see how many of the players celebrate each goal to illustrate the team spirit. Garner celebrated Pidge's goals yesterday like he'd scored them himself.